• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first pods

These are my "hottie" peppers. These are the first pods on them since I pulled all the ones off of the plants when I repotted them. The pods are between 2-3 days old and a quarter for some scale.

And a Texas Chiltepin. This plant has been through alot and it was my first of 3 of these plants to make pods.

These are my Jalapeno Gigante. These things went crazy for some reason, but have been dropping a few flowers the last few days. But I am not gonna complain.

This is a yellow scotch bonnet. I hope it sticks and grows, but only time will tell.

And my tobasco plants are starting to turn, after 3 weeks of teasing me.

And my Black Pearl is doing well also

And the last is a Bolivina Rainbow that is just getting started.

Captain Murphy said:
Congrats on the pods! That Black Pearl looks really cool.

The purple leaves and flowers are what interests me about this plant. I don't know what they taste like, but it doesn't hurt to find out.

Silver_Surfer said:
Lookin very good rds; looks like you'll be picking some ripe ones b4 too long.

I have been waiting on the tabasco peppers for a while, and I'm having problems keeping my girlfriend out of my jalapenos since she wants to use them for poppers. And those are just the beginning on the "hottie" pepper, its covered with blooms, and if they produce pods I am gonna be up to my ears in them since I have 4 plants that are doing the same thing.

good looking plants and pods rds...get ready for a lot of pods to be harvested...heck, you guys down in houston have a longer season than I do up here in Fort Worth...you should be able to still harvest pods to the middle of December...

PrairieChilihead said:
What is a "hottie" pepper?

They are a hybrid habanero that gets about twice the size of a normal hab, more prolific, and produce up to 30 days earlier. Only time will tell if this is true. There is a thread in the hot pepper part of the forum, and there is a pic of how big they get also.

AlabamaJack said:
good looking plants and pods rds...get ready for a lot of pods to be harvested...heck, you guys down in houston have a longer season than I do up here in Fort Worth...you should be able to still harvest pods to the middle of December...

Thanks AJ. If I can get all of them to start producing it will be great. Ive had alot of flower drop due to the heat we went through, but they put on new growth like there was no tomorrow.

Back