• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first sprouts!

I've seen seized auction stuff like that.

However, I'm a bit hesitant to buy grow lights from the police....
7.gif

Sure, becasue they seize it from the weed growers.

But, don't ya think they might keep an interested eye on who buys it from them?

Seems logical since they'd have all your info, and that ya like grow lights is good enough suspicion for most cops. Just saying...ain't the same as buying a computer or bicycle from 'em. ;)

Well I don't grow weed so I don't care if they "keep an eye on me" or not. Plus the only reason I know about the place is because I had an office 2 doors down from a police commissioner for several years and he told me about the place. Not sure what your growing, but law abiding citizens don't live in fear.

QuadShotz said:
I've never grown weed, but I look liek someone who would.

This is a small city, cops are diff. here.

:lol: I actually thought that when I watched a few of your vids. I thought "Whoa! This guy is either a drug dealer, an artsy type, or owns a comic book store..."

In all seriousness though, I'd grab a grow light setup in a heartbeat if I could get them for that cheap. I'd just get my g/f to buy it for me and never look back ;)

Thought I would post an update on my plants progress. It's been a little less than a month and some have grown a LOT others a good amount and 2-3 not much at all. I had them initially under a 400 watt MH and upgraded to a 1000 watt last week. I may go back to the 400 until I can get a blower to suck some of the hot air off the
hood and might get a new hood that is sealed and made for venting. If I do I plan on cutting a hole on the left side of the closet to vent hot air out. For the time being I have a large floor fan that moves a LOT of air into the closet, but even with the fan the room still gets hot and the plants seem to droop a little. Not sure if they have not adjusted to the bigger light or not, but I should be able to get most of them replanted and outside soon. A few have already been planted up as the roots where about 2" outside of the bottom of the plant, but since the closet isn't that big I lost most of them in 3" pots.

View of the whole closet. It's actually just a jacket closet and isn't that big.
Closet61013.jpg

Close up of some of the plants next to bucket and sponge that provides a bit of humidity so the closet won't be so dry.
Closet61010.jpg

Close up of some of the bigger plants with a couple I got online that I may keep inside.
Closet61011.jpg

Picture of old style hood that really needs to be replaced with a better hood.
Closet61012.jpg

I'm considering a Hydrofarm DA or RD Luminaire Series hood with either a 6" port or 8" port.
It seems that these have glass under the bulb keep them sealed to avoid heat going into the room. Has anyone used these before? The amount of heat the 1000 watt bulb puts off is insane, you can't get within 2" of the bulb without getting burnt it's so hot.

Back