• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Garden 2011

Wow, I'm so jealous. No pods here yet, not even flowers. Cool and rainy, but it is supposed to warm up starting this weekend, so maybe my plants will take off.

Nice clean garden with beautiful plants. Can't wait to see those pimentos loaded up with ripe peppers. Everything looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Charles,
I'm terribly impressed by your entire garden. Would you tell us how you prepare your soil, what your fertilizer routine is and your watering habits? I hate to blatantly beg for your secrets but you are doing something very, very right!
Doug

Charles,
I'm terribly impressed by your entire garden. Would you tell us how you prepare your soil, what your fertilizer routine is and your watering habits? I hate to blatantly beg for your secrets but you are doing something very, very right!
Doug
Doug,
All I do is add triple 13 ferts. in the spring and till it in when I prepare my soil and then again 1 month after planting out. I also add alot of organic material to the soil to keep it loose. When I water, I water deep which means I soak them down with the sprinkler very heavily. The deeper the water goes makes the roots grow deeper to find moist soil which makes the plant stronger. I only water once a week right now but when it gets hotter I will start watering 2 or 3 times a week. Hope this helps some.

Charles

Thanks Kevin! I owe alot of my success to this forum. The guys on here have alot of knowledge a don't mind sharing it. Hope your season goes well.

Charles

Wow Charles, those are a lot of tomatillo plants. They are looking really good. With all those
peppers and tomatillos you can make some mean green sauces...

I am so envious, we can't even have our peppers outside yet! The garden looks great as everyone has said. A secret on those tomatillos, you will never have to plant them again. They come back every year in zone 4. So you have insured that plenty of sauces will be happening in the future.

Charles -

Very impressive garden. Two questions:

What do you do for weed control?

What do you do with all the peppers?

Thanks -

Bob

Charles -

Very impressive garden. Two questions:

What do you do for weed control?

What do you do with all the peppers?

Thanks -

Bob

All I do for weed control get out in the garden every day and do some hoeing. I make sauces and dry some for powder and freeze some to last us through the winter. I also give some to family and friends. Thanks for the compliments.

Charles

I will be doing an update in a few weeks so everyone can see the progress. Thanks everyone for watching the video. I hope it was as much fun watching it as it was making it.

Charles

Back