• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting My harvest 11/16/2009

This will probably be the last of my harvests for this year, unless winter is stays away until January. All of my plants are setting pods again, but we usually have weather close to freezing in mid December. I got a total of 5.5 lbs this time. There are Yellow Scotch Bonnets, Bhut Jolokia, "Hottie" Hab, cayenne, jalapenos, and chocolate habs.

001-9.jpg

rds,

I envy you and Texas weather man.Nice harvest.
Hopefully, I might be settling in Texas during coming year (next June July May be)

NJA

Naga Jolokia Addict said:
rds,

I envy you and Texas weather man.Nice harvest.
Hopefully, I might be settling in Texas during coming year (next June July May be)

NJA

What part of Texas? Our weather can actually be a pain. The summer heat causes flower drop, and it has been in the high 40's every night so I don't know if I will get more pods this season or not.

NoVa Hothead said:
how many plants was that off of?

There were 2 of each plant except the chocolate habs which there was only one of.

lazienfat said:
Thats a thing of beauty my friend. I found out first hand you can grow some amazing peppers!

I wasn't as happy with the heat off of this harvest. The weather has been cooler and alot of rain which I feel made the pods a little less pungent than what I got in September.

Oh I'm sorry to heat the weather in Texas wasnt hot as you'd liked it to have been. But I still think you've got a green thumb of fire!

Nice collections of pods, rds! But it's hard for someone who had a killing frost six weeks ago sympathize with someone who may not have pods ripen in December! :onfire: J/K

But for just one or two plants, this late in the season, that's still a bountiful harvest. Good job.

Mike

Noshownate said:
NIce Harvest whatcha gona do with it all?

Almost half of it was sent to another member on here, the rest were put up in the freezer until needed.

wordwiz said:
Nice collections of pods, rds! But it's hard for someone who had a killing frost six weeks ago sympathize with someone who may not have pods ripen in December! :onfire: J/K

Mike

You have killing frost and I get 6 weeks of 100 degree weather with no rain during the summer.

This very moment I am eating what seems to be the worlds hottest chili. One thing I noticed right away is your habaneros are the hottest I have ever eaten. And I have eaten alot of those ahaha.

lazienfat said:
This very moment I am eating what seems to be the worlds hottest chili. One thing I noticed right away is your habaneros are the hottest I have ever eaten. And I have eaten alot of those ahaha.

:shocked: The orange habs I sent you are milder than regular orange habs, but are considerably hotter than store bought.

Beautiful harvest! Seems like my 2nd round of cold weather pods might even be a little hotter. The Fresnos definitely are. Probably more stress from weather variables. That and no fertilizer for months.

Yeah the only others I've ever had were store bought, I was so suprised when I took a bite of one! The color of yours were way better and were firm pods and the stem wasn't all shriveled and dried out. Huge difference than store bought. I'm going to built a green house after this winter and try and grow a bunch of superhots, if all goes according to plan maybe I can send you some peppers!

Back