harvesting My Harvest #-? 9-27-09

It seems as though all of my pepper plants know that the end (frost) is near, cause they are pushing out peppers faster than I have ever seen. I decided to share my plentiful bounty with all of you. It took about 2 hours to pick all of these and I'm sure it will take double that to process them all.

Table Full
DSCF3549.jpg

Tabasco, Scorpions, Datils, Fatalii, Buhts, and NeMex Sandi
DSCF3550.jpg

Jalapeños, Ring of Fire, Anaheims, 7 Pods, Hungarian Hots and Mariachi
DSCF3551.jpg

Serranos, White Habs, Yellow Habs, Peach Habs and Orange Habs
DSCF3552.jpg

Wow Freak that is making my mouth water......I really love the look of the peach habs......

Great harvest mate. Some good powder mixes with some from them...:)

Only twice as long to process? Best of luck w/ that! Beautiful haul of pods! What are you doin'w/ the peaches?

Really nice pretty piles of pods, that just sounds too funny. Glad to see the raised bed are paying huge dividends for you P. It must make the harvesting of pods a little easier with the plants up high. Great color on all your peppers!

excellent harvest Pf...

you dill definitely have enough to last you thru the winter...

moyboy said:
Wow Freak that is making my mouth water......I really love the look of the peach habs......

Great harvest mate. Some good powder mixes with some from them...:)

Thanks Moyboy...I am hoping for some great powder mixes and the dehydrater is working over time. lol

FadeToBlack said:
Awsome looking peppers, making me hungry!

I actually was munching on some as I was picking.

chilliman said:
Krabby party time ! LOL

Great harvest the season has been good to you !

I see you saw my daughter's place mat. Shed just loves SpongeBob.

boutros said:
Only twice as long to process? Best of luck w/ that! Beautiful haul of pods! What are you doin'w/ the peaches?

I have dried some of the Peach Habs, but I really love them fresh, so right now, just about everything I'm cooking has them in it.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Really nice pretty piles of pods, that just sounds too funny. Glad to see the raised bed are paying huge dividends for you P. It must make the harvesting of pods a little easier with the plants up high. Great color on all your peppers!

Yep Cappy, the raised beds make harvesting soooo much easier on the back.

AlabamaJack said:
excellent harvest Pf...

you dill definitely have enough to last you thru the winter...

I hope they last me throught the winter. I have been narrowing down next years grow list to only my favorites.

POTAWIE said:
Nice haul there!
So what are your favorites? and what do you do with your least favorite types?

Thanks Potawie. It's probably easier to mention what I'm not going to grow next year. :lol: I'm going to pass on Cayennes, Yellow Habs (even though I like them, I just like the Peach Better), Chocolate Hab (I found that I like the Jamaican Hot Chocolate better). These I am still using, but am giving a bunch away. I just want to make more room next year for Hungarian Hot Wax and Jalapeño. I love stuffing the Hungarians and making Poppers with the Jalapeños. Of course this is subject to change. :lol: I also want to try some sweet peppers too. There are just too many varieties and not enough space.

fineexampl said:
omg i hate you.

I'm trying NOT to be hungry!!

SHIT!

:lol:

Back