My Jalapeno plant seemed to have stopped growing at around 1"-1.5"

After germinating it, I transplanted it to a cup of soil and it grew to 1" within a day or two. After a week now it seems to have just stayed at 1"-1.5".

Is this normal? Does slowly grow from there?

From what I know jalapeño pepper plants get tall usually quite fast compared to super hots. Have you been feeding it anything? Maybe a weak dose of fish emulsion or something else with some N in it to give it a little kick. Could also try a little magnesium to promote the root system. Ultimately the size of the plant above soil all depends on the size of the plant below the soil!

Does it have any true leaves?

Ill try find some photos of mine and measure them,I planted 40 or so.... They're real easy to grow, it will probably sort itself out, are you in aus?

Sarge said:
From what I know jalapeño pepper plants get tall usually quite fast compared to super hots. Have you been feeding it anything? Maybe a weak dose of fish emulsion or something else with some N in it to give it a little kick. Could also try a little magnesium to promote the root system. Ultimately the size of the plant above soil all depends on the size of the plant below the soil!

Does it have any true leaves?
Yes all of them have just 2 leaves. I have been measuring them everyday and they just stay at this height. 
Andy21 said:
Ill try find some photos of mine and measure them,I planted 40 or so.... They're real easy to grow, it will probably sort itself out, are you in aus?
I'm in Bangkok and it about 85 degrees all the time. I have them indoors right now at about 80 degrees. 

They might be putting energy into roots right now, or you might be overwatering and causing the roots to rot away.  Also inspect the undersides of the leaves to be sure there aren't tiny aphids or other bugs eating away at them.

Dave2000 said:
They might be putting energy into roots right now, or you might be overwatering and causing the roots to rot away.  Also inspect the undersides of the leaves to be sure there aren't tiny aphids or other bugs eating away at them.
how much should i be watering them? 

Junzi Life said:
how much should i be watering them? 
Let the plant wilt and let the weight of the pot drop alot. My pots are very light when they're thirsty snd noticeably heavier after watering.

Back