• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My Ladderball Growlight

I had some extra parts laying around in the garage. 1 extra rack from kitchen, ladderball(not like im using that anytime soon), a couple computer fans and some wood (I will post that later), and a shoplight.

DSCF0480.jpg

DSCF0482.jpg

Thanks... I probably should put something down. I dont like to really soak the soil that much so it doesn't leak out from bottom. If it does I do have some plywood underneath there.

Here are the fans. I had a similar setup but ended up cooking the last power supply, that is why I added the HD. Everything was laying around here. 2 computer fans 1 hard drive and a power supply from one of those cable adapters to USB. I did drill holes in back of wood. Fans run on a timer every 6 hours for 30 minutes. Cord is not normally hanging in front of fan.

DSCF0485.jpg

Do you need to use any special "grow" type bulbs for the shop light?
After juggling 125 seedlings between my laundry room and the living room picture window,I am definitely going to consider building some type of indoor growing set up for the future.
Thx
CM

Hey Chili, I used Sylvania Gro-Lux 40 watt bulbs. I am sure there are better bulbs out there but they were like $5 each and I have 2 in there (From Menards). It is a wide spectrum bulb and I believe they are 3600 lumens per bulb. So far I haven't had any issues except prior to the fan I had a few young ones die off.

I like the light setup, but I would get rid of the drive and fans and just get a $5.99 walmart oscillating fan that rotates instead of having all those wires running everywhere.

I like the light setup, but I would get rid of the drive and fans and just get a $5.99 walmart oscillating fan that rotates instead of having all those wires running everywhere.

+1 LGHT

Back