• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My lil corner

Well, were finally over the sweltering heat here in Orlando, it has taken it's toll for sure, hot and wet made for lots of problems... but I think that's behind me now. I planted seeds from Aji Joe this year, and they were what he said. Anyway, I had a choco bhut, that turned out red, still wanna grow the choco though. I also started some yellow bhuts, and I lost the tags but I knew they were bhuts, I now know I have a red, and a lil surprise while out in the patch... a............

004-1.jpg

So that's cool, Can't wait to try it. I guess so far the one pepper I know for sure I'm not growing next year is a choco fatali. No heat what so ever...

002-1.jpg

I'll try and keep on some pics since I got a new cam, and things are finally growing now. I have been building up my seed for next year, so that makes me kinda excited... I also picked up 5 more air pots to try and over winter some plants, just haven't made up my mind yet which ones. I do know Choco Hab is in the running Thinkin Datil might make the cut also. I'll get up pics of my other raised beds, but they weren't as shaded as this one, so they still need a week or two.

Well I have sprouts... Trinidad Scorpion.
004-2.jpg

I'm stoked now... I know it's getting late, but I have been makin friends with the guy at the hydro store just around the corner. He's a pepper head too, but with no peppers, So I am going to share the love you guy's shared with me. My thought is let him grow them, and he can make me some clones come spring, win win if ya ask me.
001-2.jpg

A couple more scorps, and 4 or 5 Mippon Taka popin out to meet the world. Fortunately, they don't know the trouble were in, they just keep going.
Here is a lil more This is another raised bed, but I'm not too proud of this one. At least it's the first week < 90 plus, so that should help.
005.jpg

On a side note, the yellow pepper is not a smooth bhut, but a fatali... I kinda stoked since it's my favorite, and I have a red bhut, so I can still experience the burn. But I still have a couple of unidentified so maybe, Kinda hopin to see a yellow Bhut, and on the other hand the biggest pepper I have is just fruiting, and not dropping. The dilemma is I love Fatalis, and planted a few choco ones and I hope I'm not wastin time on those... no heat at all, and not even a good flavor for a buffer of other hot tasteless peppers. so that my lil corner 8 miles N of Orlando. Gettin dark and more barley pops to be had. Kirk out!!!

Hey SS. Never to late to start here in florida. I am only about 50 miles east of you and i had no trouble overwintering my plants last year. Just keep those puppy's covered up on the few cold nights we have and you won't need hydroman! Your lil corner looks super healthy :onfire:

Hey SS. Never to late to start here in florida. I am only about 50 miles east of you and i had no trouble overwintering my plants last year. Just keep those puppy's covered up on the few cold nights we have and you won't need hydroman! Your lil corner looks super healthy :onfire:

I'm glad you posted this. I was a little confused for a moment as to why the peppers couldn't be grown all year round in the florida climate. The sun is certainly available all year round and apart from the odd cool night the temps are fuine.

Well the last 2 years, it got down to the teens, sure death for peppers and a lot of other stuff I had growin. I did try covering, but got to the point the strong will survive... well they did but it wasn't what I wanted.

Well the last 2 years, it got down to the teens, sure death for peppers and a lot of other stuff I had growin. I did try covering, but got to the point the strong will survive... well they did but it wasn't what I wanted.

Well the teens in celsius are fine for peppers, teens fahrenheit seems very low for central florida, -7C (19F)!

Yes it is 19 wipes out alot down here... ya know it's cold when everyone turns on the sprinklers so they can see ice and not in your drink.

My Bishops Crown are coming around now... These are defiantly a cool pepper i will be doing next year...
003-2.jpg

Over all, this bed is doing the best since it get shade from the harsh afternoon sun.
006-3.jpg

Were projected not to get in the 90's next week, so I am sure that will help my other beds catch up a lil. I am just hoping to have enough Crowns for the big Halloween party at the neighbors. Wife always makes poppers, and so do a few others to bring, but hers are always the best. This year i want to use the crowns, make 2 dozen, but put some bhut powder in one and mix um around, kinda like roulette. I will put a sigh up, take your chance and spin the wheel of doom. Should be interesting... at least i can crawl home...

I got the doors built for my lil grow space under my table, that should work out well. I picked up a HVLP for the trim work i do so i will be painting the inside... think any color other than gloss white would be better? I figure when it gets colder i will cut a piece of foam insulation for the bottom, and was going to put 12x12 stepping stones to help it hold heat when the lights go off. i am also installing a computer fan to help ventilate in case of too much heat. i found a thermostat in the garage, so that's cool, no cost.

I have some nippon taka doing well, and bonnets, along with some others...

026-1.jpg

I put this one in an airpot but wasn't sure what it was, but its a yellow fatali, that's a nice surprise. It has grown more like a tree, than a pepper...

027.jpg

My Pequin is really taking off. I know someone here found a way to dry and get the seeds out for powder, but can't find the post. This thing is a small bush not like some of my others...

029.jpg

Also the choco hab i have been trying to do a comparison with , the others aren't doin well, but this one is doin ok for the attacks it has withstood.

028.jpg

Kirk Out...

The hydro store by me has them like 4 bucks apiece.I do see a definite difference. I have some fabric air pots, but they dry out a lot quicker than the plastic one pictured. When I make it over to NSB I will bring ya one of each to try for yourself... if ya like um, I can pick ya up more.

Back