My nesco's made in China

I bought a Nesco fd-61. On the website it says made in USA. On the box it says made in USA. On the unit it says made in China. I'm not to happy right now and am going to tell the company. I bought it because I thought they were good and made in the U.S.

I just checked and it says made in USA in big letters with tiny writing below, "with usa and foriegn components". Guess what's made in the U.S, the trays. The top motor unit says made in china on it. It should read, "made in china of usa and foreign components". What a crock.

Lots of great products like iPhones and iPods are made in China so I wouldn't worry about the quality of you dehydrator.

MrArboc said:
Lots of great products like iPhones and iPods are made in China so I wouldn't worry about the quality of you dehydrator.

I know just sort of deceiving. Especially since the main part is made there yet it has big USA letters.

MrArboc said:

Spot on Mr Arboc, those chinese definantly know how to make electrical appliances.

I can understand that you would be pissed though chillilover as what they are doing is very misleading and they do it for the exact reason that you bought it.

Novacastrian said:
Spot on Mr Arboc, those chinese definantly know how to make electrical appliances.

I can understand that you would be pissed though chillilover as what they are doing is very misleading and they do it for the exact reason that you bought it.

Japan, I would have been happier than being U.S built but china?

China rocks when it comes to making anything really, i am not saying to rush out and buy your cowboy hat there but most of their electrical stuff is bang on and a whole lot cheaper for you to purchase than a product of the same nature made in the good ole u s of a.

Did you know that after or during the second world war Japan named a province "USA" just so they could stamp their products with that name? Same reasoning applies here.

Novacastrian said:
China rocks when it comes to making anything really, i am not saying to rush out and buy your cowboy hat there but most of their electrical stuff is bang on and a whole lot cheaper for you to purchase than a product of the same nature made in the good ole u s of a.

Did you know that after or during the second world war Japan named a province "USA" just so they could stamp their products with that name? Same reasoning applies here.

Yeah, there's also a city in Thailand that buys alot of the stuff from the Chinese...called Phuket!

I was also going to say, some of the best dehydrators are coming out of China. The Good4U is top-notch. Things to avoid are metals, like stainless steel or cast iron. They are not like ours.

thehotpepper.com said:
I was also going to say, some of the best dehydrators are coming out of China. The Good4U is top-notch. Things to avoid are metals, like stainless steel or cast iron. They are not like ours.

I don't mean it's bad, just misleading and made in USA would be better.

Novacastrian said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA......You aren't from texas, but texas wants you anyways....or so I hear.

texas blues said:
Yeah, there's also a city in Thailand that buys alot of the stuff from the Chinese...called Phuket!

He either caught that, or......not.;)

thehotpepper.com said:

He missed the point.

chillilover said:
I don't mean it's bad, just misleading and made in USA would be better.

Very patriotic.

He or I? I didn't miss the point, he said:
chillilover said:
I bought it because I thought they were good and made in the U.S.
My point was good can be from China. But I understand, he wanted American.

MrArboc said:
Not really patriotic of a canadian to buy stuff from the US;)

Why not, they are our free-trade neighbors and I don't think there are any good dehydrators made in Canada. You expect us to build one out of maple syrup?;)

My girlfriend is made in China ... if that counts ... top quality :P

Nearly everything is made in China, both good and bad quality. It depends a lot on the manufacturers keeping tight rein on quality control as corners are cut to increase profit margins. But there are also things where quality does not matter that much and people would rather replace with new when it breaks.

I was in the Asian Supermarket and I bought a $5 meat cleaver, I talked to a chef about them who owns his own restaurant and he said when they go blunt it is just easier to go and buy a new one for $5 than sharpen it. It is cheap, $5, made in China but it is sharper than any other knife I have in the house and so far has not needed any sharpening unlike other more expensive knifes we have bought here.

If I have the option to buy cheaper better quality imported goods over more expensive locally made goods I will import the goods myself. I will buy locally grown food though, but a lot of the things I eat are simply not available to buy anywhere, except for importing it (Speciality Supermarkets) or growing it yourself.

Australia brought in legislation requiring all food goods to have a label with country of origin. The government is cracking down on things that are labelled as Australian Made or Organic. Most of the mixed frozen vegetables are "Made from Australian and Imported Ingredients" blah blah ... where do you think coffee comes from?

China has cheap labour, which is a major part of anything, if the biggest cost of a product is labour, and you move it off-shore where exchange rates and cost of living is low, then you have a cheap product :)

Back