• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My new pepper growing space for 2012

I've finally found a place that so far seems almost too good to be true. A 3br, 2ba, 2 story, 2 car garage, 1500sqft house that sits on 5.7 acres that was bult in 2005 that was never sold by the homebuilders, that was forclosed on is now two steps away from being mine. The property is two lots of which one is a 1 acre lot that was cleared at one point but has become overgrown over the years. That 1 acre lot is where I intend to grow not only peppers next year but also a myriad of other veggies, herbs and fruits. There is about 4 acres or so that is pine trees and other hardwoods. I'm not quite sure what I feel like doing with that just yet as that is years away. Perhaps it would be a good spot to raise catfish or tilapia amongst the shaded trees in big tanks. Who knows, it's just a thought. I'm having more trouble deciding what I want to grow next year than deciding to buy the house.

The house has sat for about 5-6 years, untouched and is surprisingly in good condition. Everything works, except for the broken pvc line coming from the pump. That is being taken care of by the forclosing bank. It will need a decent clean, bug bombs to kill the spiders, Ortho home defense around the outside, a scrubbing of the vinyl siding and that's about it really.

If you look closely, straight on in the picture you will notice a line of brown grass. That is the edge of the 1 acre lot that will become the farm.

DSC01811.jpg

DSC01810.jpg

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

DSC01846.jpg

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01848.jpg

DSC01805.jpg

Video walk through

It is a bit shy on counter space but I cook 5 days a week and kinda tired of it anymore. I plan to build an outbuilding with athe DHEC certified kitchen to accommodate vegetable prep for marketthe and sauce making. About this time next year i'll be in receipt of just about all of the equipment i'll need when the place I work at moves into the new building. We'll be buying everything new so no need to keep the old.

The progress is finally becoming viswatch?v=SO68L721guMible and is viewable if you have 10 minutes of your life to waste on me.

Congratulations. 5.7 acres, very good. I can see hot peppers, sweet peppers, tomatoes, green beans,
okra, squash and a flower garden.

That's gonna be a great place for you. I can't believe how well your lawn mower handled those briars. :shocked:

Tell me about it. I never would've expected it to do so well but it is.

I've been trying to narrow down what I want to start for winter hydroponic peppers. It's looking like white and red bhut jolokia, hot paper lantern habanero, naga morich, chocolate habanero, medusa, cheiro do norte, etc... dang, the garage isn't that big. I may have to build something now. Crap

Back