My new Sauce & Beer fridge :D

QuadShotz

Banned
I've been wanting one of these for ages for next to the computer. My real fridge is stuffed with so much sauce and beer usually there's little room for actual food..lol!

Tadaaa!

S6303820.jpg

S6303823.jpg

Here's the fun part....

My uncle took me up to WalMart to look at one on sale, he was gonna buy it for me and let me make payments to him on it...awesome!

Well, I wasn't too impressed with it as it was a pretty tiny 2.7 cu. foot model for $89.00. While I'd be greatful to have any mini-fridge, it really wasn't what I wanted.

So I went to look at what else they had. Then, I found this baby. Sitting on a shelf with the same $89 tag as the 2.7 model.

I was like, WTF?

There wasn't any other price on it, so I had a salesgal scan it.
She did, did a double take, and scanned it again...shook her head and said it was in the system at the same $89 as the little one...ZOMG!

4 DA WINNNN!!

We snagged it on the spot.

The cashier scanned it like 3 times not beliving the price either..but it came up $89...so they had to sell it at that price. :D

Odder still, I can't find Model BCF31 on the B&D website, WalMart's website, or anywhere else. One guy on Craigslist in TN is selling a black one used for $142 though...so it's got to have been like $150-160 new eh?

Me gonna have beer, ice, cold drinks and sauce at arms reach now...muhahaha!

*does happy dance*
11.gif

A new fridge! Now you don't have to preserve all your foods with massive amounts of salt nor do you have to bury them in the cold ground.

Good on ya Quad! I love finding a deal like that! We will need a confirmation shot of the sauces and beer in there though, before the full bucket of win is proclaimed.

JayT said:
Good on ya Quad! I love finding a deal like that! We will need a confirmation shot of the sauces and beer in there though, before the full bucket of win is proclaimed.

I second that emotion! Stack and pack with racks of hosky and sauce that's boss! Garnish with a few limes for color. Only other permissible food or condiment allowed....jar of bacon mayo!

Dig it.

Salute', TB.

Heh, it's gotta set for awhile for the fluids to settle before I plug it in as it was laying down in the car, lurched around getting it up 3 flights, and other such mangling.

It'll be up, running, and full of spicy-alcoholc-ness tomorrow.

Dang, I'll actually have room in my real fridge for a change. :)

(I do have lemons and limes...)

Go the lime! Pretty good bargain you scooped there Quaddy!

Over here if there isn't a price tag on something and it is on a shelf with a price tag they HAVE to sell it to you at that price regardless of what the scanner says. My sister is very good at things like that!

I got 100 styro cups a couple of weeks ago for the price of 80 because they had fallen over onto the other shelf, remember that trick too!! :lol:

Yeppers, I loooove finding bargins. :)

It also needs a good washing down inside to help get rid of the nasty plastic-ey new fridge smell...it'll go away after time I know, but ugh!

Does anyone know how much this thing SHOULD have cost?

I'm just curious. :)

I haven't been able to find squat about it..it's like it was never made or something.

The closest I've found is this one for $161 on sale from $189.

Most 3.1 cu ft fridges like this one are like $150-250..so w00t..a very good deal at $89

Well, plugged it in now..damn it's a quiet fridge! A good thing.

Got cold straight away too. :)

Just in time..it's supposed to be 96F today...ugh.

Here's the dammage so far:

S6303840.jpg

I decided to mainly put sauces I don't use often and stuff like that in there...and beer of course. There ARE about 10 bottles of sauces and other such things behind the beers. I still need to find a water bottle that'll fit, and sort through more fridge stuff to see what else should go in.

So....about two ice trays, a 2-liter of root beer, approx. 10 bottles of sauce and stuff, and about 25 beers. (Obsidian Stout, Keystone, and of course PBR in teh ez-access rack.

It's a start. :D

QuadShotz said:

WIN!

I have a beer fridge on my back porch, and it's the greatest thing ever. Why clog up the fridge with all that booze when I'm drinkin it on the porch anyways?

You stole that thing too Quaddy! You couldn't get one that size at goodwill for that!

Yeh man, it's gonna rock for my games of Warheads SE...no more missing turns because of refills. ;-D

BTW, thats pinkish stuff on the door is sweet pickled ginger...yummo!

I've never seen a fridge so quiet..my PC is 10X louder...lol

I can barely even hear it unless I open the door...and it's a foot away.

Great news, since it's in my bedroom and I do sleep occasionally. ;)

JayT said:
What's the rootbeer for? :lol:

Well, the 1.5L of wine wouldn't fit... ;)

*update*

Well, this thing rocks. It's over 90F outside, prolly 75 in here, and the ice trays are actually frozen together... Ijust popped a PBR and it's collllddd. And it's still on the the default "3" setting. :)

Oh, and I found a square shaped bottle that holds 2L of cold water that fits perfectly next to the icebox. Awesome.

I
heart-119.gif
IT!

Back