My new Toy

do you want to adopt a Texan?.....

Dude i hate you right now. I've been begging my girlfriend to have one since we moved into our current place. (not that i need her permission, but kegerators aren't in the budget)

lucky bastard.

I wouldnt mind one of them Heineken beer things, but for $300 i may as well get a real kegerator.

fineexampl said:
I wouldnt mind one of them Heineken beer things, but for $300 i may as well get a real kegerator.

Definitely. Those things are way over-priced. Oh, and check out some of those used restaurant supply/surplus places....you'd be surprised at how cheap kegerators can be.

Sickmont said:
Definitely. Those things are way over-priced. Oh, and check out some of those used restaurant supply/surplus places....you'd be surprised at how cheap kegerators can be.
I did actually. Even looked into building my own, which would have been easy. Than we run into the "where do you put it in a 1br apartment" discussion. :lol:

fineexampl said:
I did actually. Even looked into building my own, which would have been easy. Than we run into the "where do you put it in a 1br apartment" discussion. :lol:

True. The apartment size is always a major factor. However, as opposed to building a full-sized kegerator, if you've got the room, build one out of a dorm fridge(that uses pony-kegs only). Mount the tap on the door and you're good to go.

oO0...pretty.

Much nicer than the Kelvinator with a hole in the door..lol ;)

I say we all sail the good ship NagaPrincess to his house.. :D

It's a fairly simple task to convert a chest freezer to a kegerator. I know a few folks that have them by scoring used freezers for

cyakker said:
Although I honestly don't know much about what commercial beers are available in cornys. I know there's some. I use 'em for homebrew.

I'm not sure i've ever heard of any beers available like that at all. But yeah, when i homebrew, it's soda kegs all the way.....I scored 8 free ones a year ago and all i had to do was replace the seals(more of a precaution actually) and scrub 'em out really good(they still had soda in them from like 10 years ago).

Sickmont said:
I'm not sure i've ever heard of any beers available like that at all.

Hmmm. My memory fails me. I know I've drank from a few, but actually can't say 100% that the disconnects were the same and for sure can't recall the brands. When I lived in MI, there were a couple of local micros that would fill cornys... yum.

And btw, just so as not to completely hijack, nice unit stillmanz, may it serve well. ;)

That definitly out shines my beer frige in the garage
sad-smiley-067.gif
Way cool man!

Are you going to brew your own Mike?

I use 50 liter comercial kegs, they are easy to modify to make them refillable.

Brewing 50 liters of Oktoberfect with lots of german malts hops and yeast right now

cant wait to get it flowing on tap.

cheers

I'm going and putting brews down with BREW4U they are great.
I don't have the time to do it at home at the moment, have converted it to the "homebrew 20 litre kegs"
HAve 60 litresw of Tokyo super dry (knock off recipe for ASahi )ready in a week.
then I'm gonna put a JAmes squire golden ael style beer down.
at the moment my favourite beer is James Squires. best beer in Australia and my fridge tonigt at least lol.

Back