• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Next Variety... Recommendations required

Heh guys,

Im quite new to this and have a few different chillis on the go including Chocolate Habanero and Piri Piri. Iv been looking at the wide range of varieties and am a bit overwhelemd by the amount, i hope you guys can help me choose my next seeds.

What Im looking for a variety thats big on size, but low on heat. Something that I can slice up big and use as the main salad ingredient in a burger. Im looking here for a good layer of chilli in the bun, but not so its going to blow my head off.

Any help appreciated.
Steve

Any New Mexico variety is good to fit that bill. I vote for Anaheim, though only because I've never had the Heritage Big Jim before. Heard great things about it.

Any of those mentioned above and/or serranos. All are classics that are prolific, easy to grow, not too hot, with many uses.

Depending on how hot you're planning on going, you could do jumbo jalapenos. Or even Mucho Nachos for good measure.

Jimmy Nardello's.

There's a winner. Big pods, sweet as candy, small plant, prolific, and easy to grow. I just had a 100% germination rate with Nardellos at room temperature; they are growing like weeds. Can't go wrong with them.
-Mark

Back