• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering My Overwintering Project...

Here is the plant about three weeks ago before I cut it down...

IMG_2475-1.jpg

Here is the plant today, with new growth sprouting...

IMG_2720.jpg

Although it is a simple cayenne, I liked how it grew and wanted an overwintering project to work-on. I also liked the woody base.

We'll see how it goes...

I agree, overwinter the plants that are special TO YOU. I have some "rare" plants that I won't overwinter, because I think I can easily grow a plant like that again or it doesn't look as healthy as others to me or....

New growth already might not be a good thing. Are you growing it over the winter or just overwintering? Make sure to watch the new growth carefully for aphids and good luck:)

Glad to see another person trying this. Where is this going to be placed in terms of temp and lighting conditions?

Josh said:
Glad to see another person trying this. Where is this going to be placed in terms of temp and lighting conditions?

I'm going to put it in my office window at work. Sunlight with the ambient office lights...that's it. Infrequent waterings as well.

I really don't want it to grow very much so I'll try and keep it semi-dormant. Might even grow it as a bonsai pepper.

PeteyPepper said:
I'm going to put it in my office window at work. Sunlight with the ambient office lights...that's it. Infrequent waterings as well.

I really don't want it to grow very much so I'll try and keep it semi-dormant. Might even grow it as a bonsai pepper.

Yea I stuck mine in my basement. We shall see what happens in the spring.

POTAWIE said:
New growth already might not be a good thing. Are you growing it over the winter or just overwintering? Make sure to watch the new growth carefully for aphids and good luck:)

Yes i no what you mean :lol:

Back