• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My pepper bonsai trees.

RIght now I only have this one bhut bonsai plant that I have been working on for a couple emonths now. I Just wired it up and shaped it more like a tree today. I will be posting all of my bonsai peppers here as I create them.

I didn't wait for it to get a huge thick woody trunk so I don't think it will for a very long time ,if ever, but I have other peppers that are going to be down this fall and made into more tree-like bonsais.

This one was sown at the same tie as the bhut plant that has made ~20 pods so far and has another 25 on it (december).

I am working on making one bonsai of every different pepper I have so I can keep a large amount of them under one shelf of lights year round to supply myself with fresh seeds all the time. I can then grow whcihever varieties I like best, outside in huge pots for the summer to get many pods from.

The pod in this pic is from a full sized plant. I just put it for size reference.

D638BB66-23CB-469E-B152-254663F998B3-8591-0000022AE2DD2531.jpg

74E7E6F9-2B99-45AA-965C-FCF9617202FB-8591-0000022B946A0CF4.jpg

did you root prune? I have ones that have 1" around stems on them and I was thinking of moving them to dirt from hydro but the root bases on them are larger then most 3 gallon buckets. Just wondering if you have pruned ones that size down.

did you root prune? I have ones that have 1" around stems on them and I was thinking of moving them to dirt from hydro but the root bases on them are larger then most 3 gallon buckets. Just wondering if you have pruned ones that size down.

Yes i heavily root pruned it.. It wa sonly in a one allon bucket with soil but i cut the roots down alot and rinsed them off of almost all the soil with the mister setting on my hose.. It took pretty well to the harsh defoliating and pruning of both the stems and roots....

I have a bhut outside that is my biggest one with a massive trunk. It is probably only 5 inches tall (the trunk) d somewhat laying down, but it is sooo thick and the roots are thicker than the trunk on this plant so I may bonsai that one as well this fall instead of briging it in to grow it as a large plant.. We'll see...

I dont know if thise one's trunk will get bigger or not though over time.. The trunk got a couple dent marks from the wiring but they should jsut harden up in a couple weeks.. nothing big and no cuts.

How very interesting !

I have thought about this myself.

I was thinking of trimming very early.

REAL neat to see this.

Thanks for sharing

I expected the peppers to be smaller though.

Everyone Should post there Bonsai Pepper trees or make a New Post on just pictures, its amazing just looking at them

Ya, feel free to post your pictures here guys :)

How very interesting !

I have thought about this myself.

I was thinking of trimming very early.

REAL neat to see this.

Thanks for sharing

I expected the peppers to be smaller though.

Thanks :) That pepper is from a full sized plant. Just put it there for size reference lol!

Wow that looks ace. Good work.
Only just noticed this, I just posted a topic asking whether or not I have an accidental Bonsai.

Back