• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant My planting chart is useless please help

What do you think these may be:

There are 5 of these plants purple peppers large tall stalks. Is this a cross or will these get larger. I cut one and it is not mature still tasted raw.

Thank you for the help

capehog said:
This one has a typical upright Baccatum growth pattern, even pod and leaf shape.

The purple color is throwing me off though, did they start green and turn purple? Do the flowers have greenish colored fringes? And since they tasted raw, i wonder if purple is their final ripe color...

Any chance on letting us know what's in your planting chart? It may help us narrow things down.

Noah Yates said:
Top photo looks like some red scotch bonnet... middle looks like some variety of bhut .. and the bottom is a mystery to me.... but I know ive seen it before.

Thanks for the input I didnt have any scotch bonnet written down but did receive mixed seeds. I thought the second was a bhut type. Wondering if the 3rd is just a cross of some type.
Spicegeist said:
Nice mystery pics.  I can't recognize them, they all look like crosses to me.  The second one looks like a Fatalii cross.  Sometimes tasting them helps with the ID.
My first year with the super hots so I dont have a reference point to go from. It is very hot compared to the ghost powder I have.

birdfather said:
top one could be SBJ7. maybe. 
I'll look up the SBJ7 to compare photos

Jetchuka said:
This one has a typical upright Baccatum growth pattern, even pod and leaf shape.

The purple color is throwing me off though, did they start green and turn purple? Do the flowers have greenish colored fringes? And since they tasted raw, i wonder if purple is their final ripe color...

Any chance on letting us know what's in your planting chart? It may help us narrow things down.
The plant started purple the pods are purple from set point. Large tall plant with multiple pods. I planted 7 pot brown, chocolate naga. These seeds came from other members here. Thanks for the input.

capehog said:
The plant started purple the pods are purple from set point. Large tall plant with multiple pods. I planted 7 pot brown, chocolate naga. These seeds came from other members here. Thanks for the input.
No problem.

Was wondering if the purple pod plant had  flowers with green/olive colored stripes? If it does, then then we'll be a lot closer to figuring it out.

Flower does not look like a Baccatum.

I'd lean more towards Chinense now as opposed to Annuum.

Purple stems & stalks. Pods start out purple and upright, but ripen to who knows what color.

If i stumble upon anything similar, i'll dig up this thread and let you know.

Back