• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Plants for 2010

Right it's about time I introduce all mine for this year so here they are,

utf-8BYWxsIHBsYW50cy5qcGc.jpg

The 3 at the front are cuttings from the corresponding 3 overwintered plant at the back of the pic

utf-8BdHJheTEuanBn.jpg

utf-8BdHJheTIuanBn.jpg

The cuttings
utf-8BY3V0dGluZ3MuanBn-1.jpg

It the cuttings do well this year then I can see me sowing very few seeds next year, prob. Only enough to give me a couple of new types

Nova it's the first time I've tried it so don't know how successful it will be yet!!! All I did was cut a couple of inchs from a branch then trim all the larger leaves of (you can see from pics what is left) then make an oblique cut at ther base of the cut stem (to increase the surface area of the cut, more area for roots too grow from) then planted into pots of moist compost, them place them ion a prop to keep them humid and give them a misting

Very nice looking plants! :cool:

Did you put the cuttings into soil straight after cutting them from the mother plant, or did you leave them in water for a few days first?

Aji Chombo said:
Very nice looking plants! :cool:

Did you put the cuttings into soil straight after cutting them from the mother plant, or did you leave them in water for a few days first?

Yep just cut trimmed and put into dirt, got nothing to lose, you can use rooting gel/powder but I thought I'd try without because why but and use something when you don't need too!!!!

SeeYouJimmy said:
What are they all Dave? They look healthy.

Right after a count up I have

5 7pot
2 7pot infinity
3 trinni scorp
4 trinni scorp yellow
3 fatalii
1 devils tongue
2 devils tongue (from last years saved seed so could be a cross)
5 mystery

Cuttings
1 devils tongue
2 7pot

The devils tongue is now in it's 3 years old which is why I decided to experiment with cuttings so I don't lose true DT's the seed originally came from stillmanz

I think if cuttings are a success then with the plants I have this year I won't be doing many seeds next year

I'm hoping for success but if not I'll try different ways through out the season, I mean what's to lose from cutting a few inches from a branch, and in my view the gains far loses and it'll make overwintering better because think of all the potential new plants you could have from the bits of plant you chop off and throw away!!!

All I can see is plus points and it's something I'll def be doing a lot of

Back