• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

in-ground My plants the night before going into the ground

The c pubescens I grew from seed. It is the very wide plant with small leaves. The Biggest Plant is the Big Jim which I grew from seed. The small plant is a lemon drop that I bought as a live plant from a forum member. This was an interesting story. The plant was packed well and arrived in great condition. I opened and unpacked it at work in the morning and left it on my desk. By the time I got home, it was almost dead as the leaves shrived and fell off. The roots were good and it grew back. I'll be buying other peppers at my local nursery tomorrow morning, but these are my babies!

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Thanks for the support!

I'll post more pics of the plants later in the season, and hopefully LOTS of pics of Peppers after the season!!

I had 2 bad experiences this season: I purchased a live Bhut that came with Aphids. I threw it out as I was unable to control them. I also had a very bad sprouting percentage. This was probably due to burying the seeds in potting soil that was packed too tightly. Next year, I'll use a different medium, and will try to sprout many Bhuts.

I am all beat up and charlie horse from planting all weekend. I just counted 161 Plants! Around 16 peppers total. Other than the Lemon Drop, the only other hot ones are 4 Habs, and something labeled "Super Chile." The rest are different Belle's, as I am the only one in my family who likes the hot stuff. I also planted Eggplants, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Edamame, Broccoli, Lettuce and lots of different Herbs. All I need is Lots and Lots of sun for the next 3 months. I don't care if it doesn't rain at all, as I have a good sprinkler system.

Back