• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

My poor wife

M wife and I went to New Orleans last week for a short break from life. As any pepper head wil do, I saw a hot sauce shop and had to go in and snoop and sample. My wife can handle some spice, but tobasco in small amounts is her limit. She spots a Chocolate habanero sauce and brings it to my attention. She thought it was cool that it had chocolate in it. I explained to her that chocolate habanero was a pepper variety, and the sauce did not have chocolate in it.
I gave it a taste, and found the sauce was way to sweet for my liking. A quick look at the ingredients showed brown suger in it. This is where it gets a little strange and I still feel guilty a week later about this.
I could not detect any heat to this sauce. I tried a bigger sample and still could not detect any heat. I told my wife she should try it. I really thought she would love the sweet sauce.

Needless to say, the look on my wife's face when she tried it would have been grounds for divorce in any court in this country.

The only thing I can think of, since I had already taste tested eight or nine sauces before I tried this one, I had somehow confused my taste buds when I got to the chocolate habanero. My wife will never trust me again when it comes to hot sauce.

Lol its all good buddy, just an innocent mistake is all, although I'm sure she doesn't see it that way Lol.
f834953be77cde75798d9137cd10c5e7.png

"when she tried it would have been grounds for divorce."
Lmao!

My husband has done the same to me numerous times.... "oh try it, its really not that hot" WHATEVER!!!!! I do try them cuz sometimes hes right and I find another sauce I like. Comes with the territory of being a chilihead spouse. :)

HH81Betterhalf said:
My husband has done the same to me numerous times.... "oh try it, its really not that hot" WHATEVER!!!!! I do try them cuz sometimes hes right and I find another sauce I like. Comes with the territory of being a chilihead spouse. :)

Haha, we are in the same boat! My wifey won't try most of the things I offer to her! Sometimes I will joke around with her and offer her s super hot pepper Lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Same thing happened to be at Pepper Palace in Gatlinburg. I tried all of the scorp and ghost sauces they had until I was plenty burnt then tried some mild hab sauce. " Hey honey, try this. Good flavor and not hardly any heat" She almost choked on it because of the heat. I was in hot water for a while after that. 

I have this same problem. Often I cannot detect the heat and friends, family, and my girlfriend try stuff and it's too hot for them :( .

I'm in the same boat too. LOL.. My gf and friends honestly think something is wrong with me and won't eat anything i make without questioning me first. Even the 2 year old asks about hot peppers if i have food.

Dulac said:
I have this same problem. Often I cannot detect the heat and friends, family, and my girlfriend try stuff and it's too hot for them :( .
I am relating to you folks completely. My kids do not trust me anymore. It is a hell of a thing to admit to. I cook with various peppers daily. Several times weekly they hear "trust me, it is not spicy" and then they are gagging because, apparently, it truly is spicy.

ms1476 said:
I am relating to you folks completely. My kids do not trust me anymore. It is a hell of a thing to admit to. I cook with various peppers daily. Several times weekly they hear "trust me, it is not spicy" and then they are gagging because, apparently, it truly is spicy.

I heard this strange rumor that poblanos and jalapenos are spicy... or at least that is what my wife and daughter tell me. My son and I don't believe them though. 

Jeff H said:
I heard this strange rumor that poblanos and jalapenos are spicy... or at least that is what my wife and daughter tell me. My son and I don't believe them though.
Lol, that's my aunt's husband. I watched him eat a taco with mild sauce at a Taco Bell. He was sweating like he was in a sauna.
I don't even consider myself a serious chili head. You'll never find a You Tube video of me eating a Butch T. I grow some super hots but would never eat a fresh whole one. LOL
I will say, no one in my family can handle the heat I can. Work outside in Florida in the summer time and eat a few hot peppers and you will feel cooler. I do have a few friends who can handle the heat so at least I don't feel alone at the top. LOL

Jeff H said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA Same thing happened to be at Pepper Palace in Gatlinburg. I tried all of the scorp and ghost sauces they had until I was plenty burnt then tried some mild hab sauce. " Hey honey, try this. Good flavor and not hardly any heat" She almost choked on it because of the heat. I was in hot water for a while after that.
Wish I knew this place existed when I on my honeymoon a year and a half ago.

Back