• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Seeds - Germination Rate

I was doing a little experiment to make sure the super hot seeds I have saved are viable. I recall some people have difficulty germinating Douglahs. I'm not sure if they were mine or not, but I wanted to know anyways. I'm happy to say out of 40-50 seeds of mixed super hots, including Douglah, I had 97%+ germination levels. It's not an issue with the seed stock! :)

Chris

That's great news Chris!

I love it when some of the more difficult seeds decide to sprout! :woohoo:

dvg

I don't remember my germination rates for your Douglahs back in 08' but I don't recall having any problems. As for the Primo and Goat, I have had 100% germination rates. Thanks again.

I just planted about 20 ghost pepper seeds in those little expandable peat pellet things inside a little Jiffy greenhouse. So far only 3 sprouted. My boss is growing some seeds I gave her and she said that a few sprouted right away and she thought the rest were duds, but one night the rest just came up out of nowhere, so I hope that mine do the same...

Keeping the early sprouters in the dark waiting for the others to pop up won't hurt em, will it? The soil will stay warm in the boiler room where I have them but there's no light in there. If I put them in the light the soil will get cooler and I don't want to hurt the sprouting of the others....

I just planted about 20 ghost pepper seeds in those little expandable peat pellet things inside a little Jiffy greenhouse. So far only 3 sprouted. My boss is growing some seeds I gave her and she said that a few sprouted right away and she thought the rest were duds, but one night the rest just came up out of nowhere, so I hope that mine do the same...

Keeping the early sprouters in the dark waiting for the others to pop up won't hurt em, will it? The soil will stay warm in the boiler room where I have them but there's no light in there. If I put them in the light the soil will get cooler and I don't want to hurt the sprouting of the others....
If you keep them in the dark they will get leggy. Get a light on them puppies.

my best so far has been the Naga Bhut Jolokia with 28 of 31. Worst has been the Choco Mini Bell, with 0 for 14. But I made quite a few mistakes this season, so it is most likely me as opposed to the seeds.

It`s only a small sample size(3 seeds of each), and 2 weeks tomorrow, but from the pods you sent douglah,primo and yellow 7 have ALL sprouted. :)

Waiting on the Butch-T,Goat, Morouga and Barrackpore seeds you sent to come up... no doubt they will :woohoo:

Chris.... Your seeds were flawless. 100% Germination..... 35 of 35 seeds in 8 varieties. Mike keeping them alive is a completely different story LOL... but the seeds were perfect.

Hey there, Chris! I have had a 100% with almost every type I recieved from you. I think the only type with less was the Yellow Scorpion SR. They still did more than 2/3!!

I recieved some Douglahs from SilverSurfer and stole some seeds!!! I am having great results with Doughlahs from two sources!!

Oddly enough, I am having trouble germinating FOUR sources of Orange Habaneros. EVERYTHING else I am germinating is doing very well!!

Thanks again!!

I only planted 2 yellow scorpion cardi's seeds that I received from you. 1 has sprouted so far. That's all I need.
I will be planting a few of c.parvifoum tonight.

The chiltepin amarillo seeds I recieved from you got quite mangled in the postal system but even the shards of seeds germinated well :)

Out of all my seeds the hardest for me have been Datils and Red Savina's. Out of about 40 seeds of each I got 2 Datils to sprout and 1 red savina. And this happened yesterday. I've got Douglahs, bhuts, etc. to sprout with great rates, but these have been hard asses. I had almost given up. Datil patch gave me some good tips that I will be using for next year. But I am very happy to at least have what has sprouted.

Back