• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Set Up

Hey everyone, just wanted to post some pics of my set up/seedlings and see if you guys could give me any feedback. At the moment I have Hot Lemon Peppers, Jalapenos, and Orange Habs growing.

Set Up
SetUp.jpg

Week 1
Week1.jpg

Week 2
Week2.jpg

Do you guys think they're starting to look a little leggy? My light is about 4-5 inches above the tops of the seedlings. Should I lower it?

Yeah. Fluorescents should be as close as possible unless you just have an absolute crapload of them.

When they're a bit older and have 1st true leaves, an oscillating fan will help thicken up the stems too.

Looks good though man.

Yeah I would lower the light a couple of inches. The only other thing I would add is plant more seeds!!

Looks like you had a great germination rate too. Very cool.

Txclosetgrower said:
Yeah. Fluorescents should be as close as possible unless you just have an absolute crapload of them.

When they're a bit older and have 1st true leaves, an oscillating fan will help thicken up the stems too.

Looks good though man.

Thanks... I have an oscillating fan on them now and I added a couple phone books underneath so the tops of the seedlings are now about an inch below the lights.

patrick said:
Yeah I would lower the light a couple of inches. The only other thing I would add is plant more seeds!!

Looks like you had a great germination rate too. Very cool.

Yeah, I was suprised at the germination rate as well! Waiting on some more seeds from The Hippy Seed Company... then I'll get some more planted! Some Fatali's, Naga Morich, and Dorset Naga's.

ExtremeBurn said:
Thanks... I have an oscillating fan on them now and I added a couple phone books underneath so the tops of the seedlings are now about an inch below the lights.

Just make sure it's barely rustling the leaves at this point, too much wind is a bad thing for really young seedlings, they prefer humid conditions.

And watch for the tray to dry out faster now that there is airflow.

Looks great!

Only thing to add is.....

I stopped growing orange habs, because the ones at Lowe's every year are frustratingly good.

For 3 bucks I can get a decent sized one that out produces most everything else.

You may not have access to that there, but I have conceded orange habs and jalapenos to just buying them instead.

Then again I am growing 67 varieties or so, so light and space are at a premium!

Next year you will do things differently I guarantee it.

For now your set up looks good!

cheezydemon said:
Looks great!

Only thing to add is.....

I stopped growing orange habs, because the ones at Lowe's every year are frustratingly good.

For 3 bucks I can get a decent sized one that out produces most everything else.

You may not have access to that there, but I have conceded orange habs and jalapenos to just buying them instead.

Then again I am growing 67 varieties or so, so light and space are at a premium!

Next year you will do things differently I guarantee it.

For now your set up looks good!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm learning as I go that's for sure. Wanted to start off with varieties that I know I like. I'm waiting on some new seeds to come in (fatalli & naga's) so that will be exciting!

caroltlw said:
Looks like a great setup! Where to put them all when they get bigger though?

Well to be honest, I didn't expect as many to germinate as did lol. I'm gonna end up giving some to my brothers and friends as they are big pepper fans as well.

Back