• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

my small garden

Hey All,

In March my wife decided that she wanted a small garden. I was happy about that because it meant that I could grow some peppers. This was my first time growing anything. I have made hot sauce, from other people's plants. Here are some recent pictures of my hot little guys:

Some Orange Habaneros ripening
6026743520_2fb8059da1.jpg

Tabasco
6026743524_726061374b.jpg

New Bhut Jolokia cutting from my local Hydroponic store
6026743510_af27f59b36.jpg

Weird shaped orange Habanero (see the 2 that are indented)
6026743530_06371f0e3b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nice. My first year too. I am growing pretty much the same thing! Next year I am going much bigger though. More varieties and more superhots.

Nice. My first year too. I am growing pretty much the same thing! Next year I am going much bigger though. More varieties and more superhots.

I was at the hydro shop and asked if they had any Bhut Jolokia seeds for sale. The manager told me no, but if there are any ripe BJ pods on the tree outside that I could have them. So, I took a couple. I'm going to wait a while before I try these, as I've read they are a little difficult for new growers.

6026343881_68f1fec11c.jpg

Hey All,

In March my wife decided that she wanted a small garden. I was happy about that because it meant that I could grow some peppers. This was my first time growing anything. I have made hot sauce, from other people's plants. Here are some recent pictures of my hot little guys:

Some Orange Habaneros ripening
6026743520_2fb8059da1.jpg

Tabasco
6026743524_726061374b.jpg

New Bhut Jolokia cutting from my local Hydroponic store
6026743510_af27f59b36.jpg

Weird shaped orange Habanero (see the 2 that are indented)
6026743530_06371f0e3b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nice looking peppers, those Tabasco's are nice to snack on right off the plant, have you thought about growing "Datils" ?

Nice looking peppers, those Tabasco's are nice to snack on right off the plant, have you thought about growing "Datils" ?

My wife throws a few Tabascos into her chicken soup. I tried a Datil about a year ago. It had a nice sweet taste and I think about the same heat as a Habanero.

I'd love to grow all kinds of different peppers. I want to slowly work my way through the ones from Panama. I like the Aji Chombo (Habanero type) and the Pico de Pajaro. I haven't been able to find anyone with Pico de Pajaro seeds, though. Then on to the super hots!

Back