• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

My Space

I'm a bit angry now. I've received what I can only describe as an abusive message from a band who's unsolicited invitation I denied. They said "you've ignored us. Come over and have a look. Lovely shots of your kid" in such as way as to make it sound threatening. Is this usual? Do people send you nasty messages if you refuse them?

C**ts.

imaguitargod said:
People suck. That's why I really don't do the myspace thing.

Agreed. I just use it to stay in touch with a few people across the country. Most of the so-called "friend" requests come from crappy bands with no talent or web-cam sluts(who, by the way, aren't really the people you see in those pictures).

Yeah, I'm on there too...but I'm not proud of it.

It's mainly a way to keep up with old friends who've moved away and to know about parties/gigs , etc.

Overall, it's an ugly place.

All 3 of my teenagers have my-spaces, so my wife got one to keep up with what our kids and their friends are doing.

Shooty* said:
Speaks the voice of one who got conned? :P

Nope...i have a couple of friends who got their asses burned that way(seriously, it wasn't me). There's also a guy on there who used to do all that spamming crap and now is one the other side of the coin, so to speak. He's a real tell-all kind of cat. He invites people to read his blogs where he breaks all this b.s. down and explains how to find and stop it.

http://www.myspace.com/burntpickle

Back