• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My sticks

Last year I tried my first bonchis. Neither lived. This year I'm trying again.

The Trinidad Scorpion I grew from seed that has the most interesting trunk and roots.

image.jpeg

And my Goats weed. My most beautiful plant.

image.jpeg

I think the Goats weed may be to big. Thoughts?

I'm trying a Beni Highlands bonchi.  It has nice new shoots coming on.  I removed all the soil and soaked with neem spray.  I then repeated a couple more neem treatments before bringing inside.  Hopefully the aphids don't show.  I usually keep non aphid attracting plants inside for the winter to have some green.  Thyme and rosemary do well for me overwinter.  I also have begonia, african daisy, aloe and donkey tail.  This year I have a 6 foot banana and some pups.  Hopefully they make it.  Did I mention I hate aphids in the winter?

Just took another 4" off the goats weed. It was silly tall.

image.jpeg

Was hurrying Saturday when I pulled the two and didn't rinse. Brushed off the dirt, planted in fresh soil mixed with academa. Haven't seen a single aphid this year (I guess it's safe to say that now) so I may have gotten cocky. With only two I think I can fight the battle if necessary. SQUISH!!!

Back