food My take on Alton Brown’s Parmesan Cheese Crisps

476143229_aao2u-S.jpg

476143247_aG948-S.jpg

476143267_ChEfV-S.jpg

476143288_TjGTY-S.jpg

Oh man those sound awesome. I haven't made those in so long thanks for reminding me about these. So good. I always added just a pinch of paprika and a pinch of hot pepper. And sometimes garlic. Mmmm

All you do is melt the cheese? I like making sandwiches with bacon and then melting the cheese in the bacon fat till crispy, MMMMMMMMMMmm.

millworkman said:
All you do is melt the cheese? I like making sandwiches with bacon and then melting the cheese in the bacon fat till crispy, MMMMMMMMMMmm.

Yeah real Parmesan (not that powder shit in a can) will crisp up in the oven, not just melt. It ends up like a potato chip texture

Txclosetgrower said:
Yeah real Parmesan (not that powder shit in a can) will crisp up in the oven, not just melt. It ends up like a potato chip texture
Ditto!

I just couldn't find Parmesan cheese with the rind still attached so I can to use the shit in the can :(

millworkman said:

that's what I was going to ask. just cheese? I thought all this was going on chicken breasts or something...but just cheese 'crackers' that does sound pretty good. wonder what would happen if you added some fresh sliced peppers to it??

peter pepper said:
that's what I was going to ask. just cheese? I thought all this was going on chicken breasts or something...but just cheese 'crackers' that does sound pretty good. wonder what would happen if you added some fresh sliced peppers to it??

Penny said:
Wow, sounds so simple and delish too!
Thanks.
They are very very simple :)

But be warned they are very greasy on the bottom.

Back