My third post.

Hello guys and gals,
Well this is officially my third post here. Just joined the forum today and have already bought and welcomed another new member. Looking to be here pretty frequently. New to pepper planting so might be asking a lot of questions. Hope some of you will be so kind as to help me out from time to time. Thanks in advance yo those that do.
I started growing chilis last years and had plenty of mishaps. Let's just say A lot of poor seedling did not make it but a few did. Those that did seemed to looked nice and growing nicely but unfortunately I started way to late. May that is and never really got a lot of pods. But did get some sturdy plants. And from reading up and watching a ton of videos I think this will be my year. In this last year I started out with four plants bought at Home Depot to fill a planter in my new home and now addicted and gave about 18 varieties and looking to start some of them and a bunch of extra seeds. From what I read I need to have at least 100 posts to trade so plan on getting there soon. Starting to try and germinate them as of yesterday. I'll keep you updated. And looking for more. Wish me luck.

bucdout57 said:
 From what I read I need to have at least 100 posts to trade
Welcome from Romania!

No minimum posts for trade, for sure
Some giveaways have a requirement for a specific number of posts, but this is mostly to avoid the giveaways to those hit and run type people.
Hence there are giveaways for newbies, I think also a beginner's seed train.

Welcome from Slovenia.

You have come to the right place and will soon have face a tough decision, which seeds to plant that is, because you will have too much too choose from ;)

rghm1u20 said:
Welcome from Romania!

No minimum posts for trade, for sure
Some giveaways have a requirement for a specific number of posts, but this is mostly to avoid the giveaways to those hit and run type people.
Hence there are giveaways for newbies, I think also a beginner's seed train.
Thanks again for all the well wishes. And I learned that fast. I just heard another member state that but read a bunch of posts and sen the requirements on a few. Thanks brother.
tsurrie said:
Welcome from Slovenia.
You have come to the right place and will soon have face a tough decision, which seeds to plant that is, because you will have too much too choose from ;)
Funny kinda already there. I had at least 10 more that I was planting this coming season and since joining now have about six mores coming to me and still interested in a few more. Jigsaw, devils tongue brain strain, devils tongue heart. Honestly kinda broke this time of the season. Hoping someone out there would be willing to trade me some. I have a small list if anyone wants to shoot me a pm with there lists or I can post it as well.
Chili pepper seeds I have for trade.
Non organics
Arbol chili pepper non organic
New Mexico chili pepper non organic
Japone chili pepper non organic
Quajillo chili pepper non organic
Padilla chili pepper non organic
Cayenne chili pepper non organic
Serrano non organic

Organics
Anaheim chili organic
Red bell pepper organic
Yellow bell pepper organic
Fresno red chili organic
Orange habanero organic
Thai chili pepper organic
Yellow ghost pepper organic
Poblano /ancho chili pepper organic
Sweet banana pepper organic
Yellow fatali organic
Chocolate fatali organic
Peppercini sweet pepper organic
Espanhola chili pepper organic

DELICIOUS TOMATO SEEDS - Similar to beefsteak but much better. Planted these last year and got a good crop. But only sprouted five seeds and have some to offer as well.

Limited seeds due to awaiting my seedling to sprout
Carolina reaper organic limited seeds
Trinidad sweet scorpion organic limited seeds
7 pot white organic limited seeds
7 pot primo organic limited seeds
Pepperdew peppers organic limited seeds
Peterpiper Alfred strain non organic limited seeds
Red Peter piper organic limited seeds

Hey Howdy from Florida Indiana!!               :welcome:

As to the 100 post requirement, I believe that is just for that particular seed train.  I also believe that the reasoning is that, as they are sending a lot of seeds in the train, they hope that folks with higher post counts are here for the long haul, and not just jumping on to get the seeds sent to them and disappear.

Not saying that everyone with higher seed counts is trust-worthy, or those with lower just don't lurk more than speak, but since we are all dealing over the internet and not all in the same room, something is needed.

If you keep checking, I have also seen trades/giveaways for only those with less than 100 posts as well... and others with no requirements at all.  Just depends on what the person making or setting up the deal is going for.

The one thing that is really helpful though, is to check out the post on sending SASBE's.  Even if the person offering the deal is not specifically asking for one, making an offer to send one is nice, and can help offset some costs for the person offering up the seeds.

Again, welcome to THP... lotta nice and knowledgeable folks around here :)

PapaBill said:
Hey Howdy from Florida Indiana!!               :welcome:

As to the 100 post requirement, I believe that is just for that particular seed train.  I also believe that the reasoning is that, as they are sending a lot of seeds in the train, they hope that folks with higher post counts are here for the long haul, and not just jumping on to get the seeds sent to them and disappear.

Not saying that everyone with higher seed counts is trust-worthy, or those with lower just don't lurk more than speak, but since we are all dealing over the internet and not all in the same room, something is needed.

If you keep checking, I have also seen trades/giveaways for only those with less than 100 posts as well... and others with no requirements at all.  Just depends on what the person making or setting up the deal is going for.

The one thing that is really helpful though, is to check out the post on sending SASBE's.  Even if the person offering the deal is not specifically asking for one, making an offer to send one is nice, and can help offset some costs for the person offering up the seeds.

Again, welcome to THP... lotta nice and knowledgeable folks around here :)
Thank PapaBill. Already making new friends and learning a lot. Just need to learn patience. I'm so excited to grow. I know it sounds stupid but I want to see my garden thrive. Besides the pepper plants. Started three tomato plants. Two pumpkins. One large one small. Two different squashes. Butternut and spaghetti squash. Two watermelons. Sugar baby and petite watermelon. Wife is starting I think it's a little yo much. But I'm living the experience and time with my kids doing it. Wish I would of started this when I was younger. Oh the possibilities. Good luck yo you all this coming season. Thank you for all your help.

Back