• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My Work Desk Pepper (1/25 - A Second Harvest?)

I figure since it's producing, might as well post about it. This is my 3yo Hot Paper Lantern. Last year it exploded with peppers but
this year there was nothing, until about a month ago. I was going to Winter it again but noticed it had flower buds, so I got a grow
lamp and brought it into work. This is the results. The larger peppers are growing about 4 to 5mm per day.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's just a standard aluminum spring clamp shop lamp and a 60w GE Plant Bulb. The thing is, all of the
heat from the bulb is being reflected to the plant. It's kinda toasty, about 80°, the plant seems to love it.
I also rotate the plant every couple of hours; so all sides get light.

And yeah, I know it needs a bigger pot. I was going to replant it when it wintered but then it started
producing fruit. If I replant now, it'll go into shock.

Phearis said:
I was about ready to trim it back and I saw these......... Should I let them grow?
 IMHO, I would trim it back, so it branches out more and become more compact. Then even more peppers! :)

DSCN1905.jpg

I was going to trim this morning and saw I have a flower. Then upon further inspection, I have several branches sprouting buds.

Dr. McPepper really seems to love my desk now.

20160125_130829.jpg

20160125_130850.jpg

20160125_130912.jpg

Back