• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mylar anyone ?

I know there aren't any or many people starting as late as i am but....i just ordered 2 rolls of mylar (2' x 50') so i'm sure I will have some left.....anyone need some let me know....

mrwicks said:
I know there aren't any or many people starting as late as i am but....i just ordered 2 rolls of mylar (2' x 50') so i'm sure I will have some left.....anyone need some let me know....
Well, I may need some. I'll contact you after I get AJ's mylar if I need any more.

i am just wondering how mylar compares to the cheap silver security blankets ive i read about on here. i just got 2 of em from walmart $1.98 each , they are 84"X52" .im sure like most things you get what u pay for?

comparisoncr3.jpg

dang...now i gotta go do another analysis...

Did a search on reflective properties and came up with the following. (% of light reflected)

Foylon 94-95
Reflective Mylar 90-95
Flat white paint 85-93
Semi-gloss white 75-80
Flat yellow 70-80
Aluminum Foil 70-75
Black < 10

i got 200 sq feet for 11.12 so thats about .0556 per sq ft..... anyone interested the site is progessiveballoons.com ...only catch is that they only sell to businesses...

the analysis was serious, but it was kind of a joke...

mrwicks...is what you got 1 mil or 2 mil...1 mil is not near as hardy as 2 mil...matter of fact, 2 mil is twice as thick...:doh:

I am sure mine was realtively expensive since I got it at the local hydro shop...

Back