• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

mystery pepper ID

i was given this plant with no label, i is the biggest plant i have and has about 15-20 pods on it now here are some pics and maybe someone can fill me in on what it is, and i hope i like the taste of them!
IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

its a cashew pod
IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

and the blushing one :woohoo:
IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

thanks for checking them out

Eric

Looks like it will ripen yellow or orange. If it is a chinense I have no idea what it is, its shape looks very annuum to me, but then theres the bumps and ridges. Looks like a chinense x annuum possibly. Love to see a cross section of it when its ripe!

maybe Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon?? just a guess i was told there long??

thanks your friend Joe
i dont think so as the bhut carbons i have bought from members here were longer and i might be wrong but from the blushing on the one pod thye might ripen to yellow, is there even a yellow bhut carbon?

i dont think so as the bhut carbons i have bought from members here were longer and i might be wrong but from the blushing on the one pod thye might ripen to yellow, is there even a yellow bhut carbon?
oh ok just a guess and i dont know if there is a yellow version?
i just heard about the Carbon this year myself

thanks your friend joe

the pod that was blushing has turned even more orange/yellow. so i am wondering what species has an orange/yellow pod that looks like that? i will take/post a picture tomorrow!

Eric

The variation in pod shape makes it difficult, but there only several yellow C. chinense with that shape and if it is yellow, tasting it will definitely tell us which one. keep in mind some C. chinense go through a yellow-orange phase and then go red. we need to wait.

Looks like it will ripen yellow or orange. If it is a chinense I have no idea what it is, its shape looks very annuum to me, but then theres the bumps and ridges. Looks like a chinense x annuum possibly. Love to see a cross section of it when its ripe!
It does have a sort of annuum looking stem base, but looks mostly chinenses

ok ,so i could not wait any longer! i clipped the pod off tonight and ate half after dinner, as you can see the walls were not thin but not thick, very little seeds, it had a light citrusy flavor, juicy, heat took a few seconds to hit, it was a gradual burn for me, took 5 min to build, the peak lasted 2-3 min and a total 30 min till it became a tingle. i enjoyed this pod, the heat was hotter than my homegrown orange habs, but not as hot as the red devils tongue i tried this weekdend. here are a few pic i took before i ate the half. i wil test another pod once i get a rip one. i did notice that part of the pod was yellow orange and other parts were more yellow.
IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

let me know anything else that may help identify this pod.

Eric that is one tasty looking pepper. It almost looks like a giant datil x bhut from the last couple pics. The inside looks 7 ish too me. Enjoy they must be yummy :onfire:

Back