• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant mystery plant

I bought four of these plants. They were labeled ghost pepper, but they don't look like it to me! Thoughts?

2014-07-26163627.jpg
2014-07-26163617.jpg
2014-07-26163636.jpg

It's definitely a pepper. I'm a botany major. It has all the traits of a pepper. The only thing that is throwing me a curve are the undulate leaf margins.

Try putting you hand behind the fruit, blocking the background, so the camera won't focus on the ground to get a better shot. Hard to tell what it is, but leaves are unusual for any capsicums.

Looks like eggplant for sure mate. Sorry :(

This isn't my picture but here's what an eggplant bud looks like:
black-beauty-eggplant-double-blossom-18may13.jpg

Google 'Eggplant Bud'

Where'd you order these 'ghost pepper' seeds? If you reply with Amazon, eBay, etc. then that's your #1 problem right there.

Wangco said:
I bought four of these plants. They were labeled ghost pepper, but they don't look like it to me! Thoughts?

2014-07-26163627.jpg
2014-07-26163617.jpg
2014-07-26163636.jpg
100% sure that it is a nightshade and even more sure it is an eggplant just not the one you are thinking of. It is by common name called African eggplant and the latin name is Solanum aethiopicum where as the eggplant most people are used to seeing is Solanum melongena. I have an african eggplant growing right now that I picked up earlier this week, it is one of the tiger striped kinds in orange and green.  

In your photobucket pics the one with a string of flowers is yet another eggplant that is not edible, fruit will be white or yellow and they call it white eggs or golden eggs. There is a chance it is also one they call toga that is orange with green stripes shaped like an egg that is supposed to be edible.

Back