• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review naganumbness reviews "tongue wrapper" hot sauce

Thanks for the review Ed. Hope you don't make too many of your friends soak their face in ice. lol.
I am thinking of parsnips to replace the carrots in some of my sauces or just making a new one using them. Being white the color would be less affected and they have a slight spice to them which wouldn't interfere IMO.

This sauce was really enjoyable in most any application. the lack of vinegar allows the other ingredients to come forward more but this is clearly first and foremost a NAGA sauce. the blueberry comes on for about 1 second then quickly gives way to the carrot. then the naga pushes it's way forward and changes the direction of the sauce again. i've seen many faces change when the naga kicks in. it's quite hot but not deadly. no extracts in this one. just hearing the make up of this sauce might make it seem hard to find uses for but this one goes good on most anything. where it really shined was brushed on grilled srimp and fish. a squeeze of lemon or lime at the end and it was burn heaven. also great in bloody maries. take off the stopper and throw some in for a real kicked up bloody mary. all in all, it is really versatile sauce with a velvety mouth fee that you don't find in a lot of sauces. going vinegarless was a bold move that worked. website info in the video if interested. enjoy.

yeah , parsnips would be good. maybe if you roasted them first or smoked the carrot lightly to bring out the sugar in the root vegies. lots of directions you can go. thanks for letting me try your sauces. the other reviews are on the way.

Great review! Yeah, this one is pretty dang toasty. Im glad to see that Brian bumped up the blueberry in it. I could taste it in the one I tried, but the Naga came in too quick. I never was much for fruity stuff in sauces, but now I'm starting to...

yeah the blueberry taste is gone just as fast as you realise it's there. it seems to be getting hotter since i opnened the bottle! i'm always looking for variation in the hot sauce world. this line of sauces has that. i was afraid that they wouldn't be made for savory dishes but they fit well. i know i said it a hundred times already but this stuff makes one kick ass bloody mary. thanks for sending the others. now if i could just figure out that habermelon sauce!!

lol...Thats the same problem I had. That's why I said it smelled/tasted "fresh." That would be the watermellon. It really is different, huh?

Nice review Ed.

Brian had sent me some of his hot sauces a couple of weeks ago, but I hadn't had a chance to try any of them yet.

His blueberry flavored Tongue Wrapper was sitting unopened on our fridge shelf.

And while I was waiting the two and a half hours for our fast speed dial up connection to download the You Tube video, I came up with the idea to sample the Tongue Wrapper simultaneously while watching Ed's review.

So once the vid was downloaded, I removed the black shrink-wrapped seal on the Tongue Wrapper and proceeded to pour out a teaspoon full of the uniquely colored sauce and then swallowed that...1,2,3 bottoms up, in unison with Ed on the video.

I really liked the flavor, it was very smooth and gave me a warm sensation in the middle of my tongue. It may have been warmer, but I had been eating some Melinda's Naga Jolokia just earlier, in some salsa.

But Brian's sauce was so tasty that I immediately took another full teaspoon of the Tongue Wrapper after the video was finished.

This one, because of the lack of any vinegar scent or flavor, would be excellent, poured over vanilla ice cream...or just by itself off of the spoon. ;)

dvg

yeah , you can put it on anything. doing a test while watching a test. thats a new concept. i agree with dvg though the heat is not overpowering and it's all upfront. no throat or backburn at all. there isn't a ton of ingredients covering up the naga. everything else in the sauce eventually takes a back seat to the pepper itself. thanks for watching guys.

yeah , you can put it on anything. doing a test while watching a test. thats a new concept. i agree with dvg though the heat is not overpowering and it's all upfront. no throat or backburn at all. there isn't a ton of ingredients covering up the naga. everything else in the sauce eventually takes a back seat to the pepper itself. thanks for watching guys.

Ed, I thought it would be interesting to try it for the first time, at the same time, in almost real time as you did.

That way I could observe and compare my experience to what you were saying and showing.

That's a great lil sauce. I had a spoonful today just to get that pleasant burn and the yummy taste...this stuff could get addictive.

Thinking of a Cherry/Naga sauce for on ice cream.

That sounds like a great idea Brian...if you make some of that, I'll definitely be ordering a few bottles of those from you.

Any ideas on a name for that one yet...maybe something racy? ;)

dvg

Thinking CherNaga kind of like Chernoble lots of heat, but no radiation.......although.......yeah better skip the radiation. lol

Although name suggestions are welcome. :dance:

Good one Sean

I have to get more nagas. I can't wait til next season. For now I only have Naga Morich left in the freezer.

Back