• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Name that plant/Over-wintering question

Hi all, first post this is a great site. I have a couple of questions that I thought maybe someone here could answer. The first is I planted these late in the season and they are just flowering and showing pods, however I don't know what kind of peppers they are can anyone help?
Peppers005.jpg

Peppers004.jpg

Peppers003.jpg

The second question is about over-wintering, if I cut a couple of the more healthy plants back and put them in my un- heated garage for the winter will they make it? We have had a pretty mid fall so far but i'm sure that the frost is not far away. Thanks in advance for all the help.
Ed

Hi thanks for the response, they were in a seed packet marked mixed peppers. There are several small peppers on a couple of the plants but they are all differant. The bad news is the weather is now in the high 50s low 60s during the day and the 40s at night so I'm pretty sure that I won't get anything from these plants, but I would like to over-winter some of them. Thanks again.
Ed

Anytime. Got some ideas.
IC, I think I have that same packet of mix hot peppers, are they hot peppers, what’s the brand name of seed? What are the listed names that they included? Let me know if you don’t have the package anymore, or if its not a store brand..

Did you do a transplant on those? Or where they always potted? I am sure they will make it in your garage, as long as you keep temp above 50ish, and some lights.

Sure somebody will correct me...

I don't have the packet anymore but it might be totally tomatoes. The plants have been grown in containers from the begining, I'm pretty sure that I will have a hard time keeping the garage above 50 degrees, I am working on the wife to find a spot in the house...wish me luck;).
Ed

scarecrow said:

Yes that sounds like what I have, a real suprise packet huh:rolleyes:. Oh well I guess we'll see what I end up with next year. i brought the plants into the garage last night and it was a good thing because we had a lite frost last night and they are calling for a heavy frost tonight. Thanks Scarecrow for all the info.
Ed

Back