• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Name these peppers

Anybody know what these are? Had a guy bring them to me one day last fall and didn't know what it was.
100_3809.jpg

100_3810.jpg

yeaah looks super similar, cant be 100% though. where did you buy them?

& no problemm duude. always here to help :D
honestly the kid who brought them in started the seeds which could have came from anything ...including any walmart pepper he could have germinated seeds from all i know is they are HOT!

no way that's a tabasco...the calyx isn't constricted enough. my honest opinion is it's a rooster spur or similar pepper short cayenne type pepper. perhaps a sport pepper is another option?

Anybody know what these are? Had a guy bring them to me one day last fall and didn't know what it was.
100_3809.jpg

Here is a super chili for comparison. I can see dissimilarities:
Darker plant, maybe just the camera or more fertile!
Leaves are larger and heavier looking
The peppers are wavy, dimply not smooth like the super chili's
the stem crown is heavy and cover almost the entire end of the pepper unlike the super chili
any one else?

Super_Chili1200.jpg

A mate used to grow "Demon Red" chillies. Looks very similar. I've googled a few photos but being new to the site haven't figured out how to upload photos, yet.
Ezzer.

Omri, i have a Dorset cross Tabasco f1 that crossed itself. Boutros found it from op seeds i sent to him and Hippy is currently growing it out.
What is your cross?

The one in the picture is Caribbean Red x African Birdseye. inspired by Bent's Birdhabs/Birdhabiams. I since then crossed back several times and also added some new genes. the goal was a compact plant with fiery hot chiles and good flavor to give people as gifts. eventually had several different crosses all pretty good.

Back