• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

food Nando's Chickenland Extra Hot Peri-peri sauce

carolinasauce_2075_878299
I'm pretty sure this is my new favorite sauce. Nando's Chickenland is apparently a restaurant and this is one of their sauces. This is the only one I have tried, but it is delicious. I am especially enthusiastic about this sauce because it is one of the few sauces commercially available that includes Serrano chilies in the mix.

Ingredients: water, vinegar, salt, lemon puree, Serrano peppers, onion puree, African birds eye peppers (peri-peri), sunflower oil, cayenne pepper, xanthan gum, paprika, garlic, propylene glycol alginate

This sauce isn't as hot as the "extra hot" might lead one to believe. It is spicy, with an interesting twang from the lemon puree and a lovely creeping burn from the Serrano.

Looks like something I'd like to try. A few more sauces that have Serrano Pepper are

Green Bandit Basil Serrano Hot Sauce
Danny Cash's Garlic Serrano Salvation Sauce
Serrano Lime Hot Sauce by Cajohn's
Simply Chili Select Serrano Puree also by Cajohn's

there good sauces to try if you haven't yet

Peri Peri sauce is sold here in Australia and I don't know anyone that likes it.......To my taste, it's absolutely horrible and I couldn't even use the mixed pack (that I got as a present) for anything.....

Just different tastes I guess. I'm glad that you have found a hot sauce that you really like, It's always good to have a sauce that you can get easily and it tastes so good.....

Lemon puree sounds like a pretty interesting addition.

HEY EVERYONE LOOK OVER THERE --->>

(quickly files this idea away for later experimentation muahahahahaha)

Nandos isn't just a restaurant, its a huge international chain like Burgerking (Hungry Jacks) or Mcdonalds. Traditionally from South Africa its spread all over Europe and Asia (Including Australia), I had the pleasure of getting banned from my local Nandos store 4 years ago for having a fight with the owner over how much chilli sauce they put on the burgers ... I am still banned today, but that guy is an asshole anyways.

You will find that the sauces are never that hot, it is largely determined by how much basting the food receives when you cook it. You cannot buy the basting they use in the restaurants, the basting they sell is different. FYI, if anyone is interested, they baste their chicken in lemon and herb, and then in the final flavour, say extra hot, they don't cook it just with extra hot basting.

Its completely and utterly over priced, like $35-40 to feed two people compared to say $15-$18 at Maccas. But the taste is to die for (here anyways) ... Each country has different styles, when I was living in Malaysia, the Nandos there is a dry rub spice chicken, where here in Australia it is very wet (sauce based). Also, it works well together, the chicken, the chilli mayonnaise and the chilli seasoned chips. Each on their own is not that special, but when used together, its a really nice meal.

Lets have some gum, water, a whole list of anti freeze agents plus preservatives that cause cancer and whack it on some caged hormone fed mutant chickens!!! YAY! Oh theres chilli in those sauces, really? NO offense to you Texas i'm glad youve found a regular sauce you enjoy, but I cant handle the stuff, its shite!

Back