• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Nearly overripe pods..what to do with all them.

Came home from being away this week and checked my plants before got too dark and noticed quite a few seemed to be on the nearly overripe side.

Any replies as to what's best to do with these. No sense in wasting them..

Too many for just me.

Will freezing them be ok?.. or will they thaw to mush

Pods for seeds? ...have too many seeds now.

Any ideas?

They're Moruga, Butch T and Ghost pods. Guess I grew too many for use.

Anybody want them..should be a good SFRB full of them. They are ripe! but will send them to the first to ask about them if someone does..

Will post pics of them in morning if want to see them.

Maybe best to chuck them out???

@nate6279

they are RIPE for the pick'ins
but you want them I'll send them
PM me your address and I'll get them out tomorrow
my gift...not want to see them go to waste

Think I really over did it with the super hots this year. Being only second year of growing, i thought people would like the hot ones.
Wrong. The wanted them at first to try but after they found out how hot they were, no one wanted anymore.
I give all my peppers away to friends and anyone who asks about them. But seems the super hot never got a second request for. Biggest request I got were for the Cowhorn and Jalapenos I grew.
Now I am sort of stuck with a bunch of the hot ones.
Guess will have to have another or two giveaways here this weekend.
Temps are going to the high 30"s at night next week around here. Got to get rid of them.

Had plans of the Canning and Pickling both by themselves and with Hard Eggs but turns out with work and all the traveling with little time off, that idea fadded away.

If I freeze a bunch of them can they be later thawed and canned or pickled???

infuse into tequila or vodka,

thought of that to make some skwerl shine with everclear and peppers

problem is, my friends don't drink whiskey
nor do they eat hot peppers

maybe time for new friends

Does, but I'm still sending them.

Makes me want to grow more peppers next year.
I'm just not going to grow all super hots.
Thinking more towards the different Habanero varieties.

Probably best to make a puree, either can it or freeze it. or send some to me! I don't know many people that eat superhots, hell my wife won't eat anything spicy. If it weren't for my daughter i'd have to enjoy the heat alone. Most people get burned by the heat and don't want a second round.

We can't get enough of the Superhots! At Wednesday's Club meeting a new guy won a sack of grain for brewing and traded it to my buddy for our homegrown Moruga and Douglah peppers!

Back