• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need a little help.

So I found three of these plants growing in the yard after some guys worked on the sprinkler system, I moved them to my pepper garden, they're growing, I'm eating them. They're very tasty, very good heat. Any ideas on what they are? thanks
IMG_20100922_183522.jpg

IMG_20100922_183550.jpg

IMG_20100922_184519.jpg

IMG_20100922_184549.jpg

The plant in the pictures is in a flower bed about 10 feet from where I found the other plants

looks like some sort of bird pepper. hard to tell which one. the neat thing is the heat usually varies from pepper to pepper on the same plant. a few wil be ok then bang!

Yeah I ate a couple of them tonight the first was green and disappointing in the heat department, the other was red and definitely went bang.

I don't know but those are large pods for pequins IMO...wanna save some seeds for me?... ;)

Your sprinkler system maintenance guys stop by and work on your sprinkler, you find something growing where they were, you move it to your garden and then you eat it? Without knowing what it was? That is a recipe for disaster dude. I have an ornamental bush growing in my yard and if you were to eat one of the berries you'd be sicker 'n a dog.

Your sprinkler system maintenance guys stop by and work on your sprinkler, you find something growing where they were, you move it to your garden and then you eat it? Without knowing what it was? That is a recipe for disaster dude. I have an ornamental bush growing in my yard and if you were to eat one of the berries you'd be sicker 'n a dog.

I knew it was a pepper when I saw it. I just thought it was a run of the mill tepin until it put fruit on, then questions started. I don't just go around putting random shit in mouth.

AJ if you want some seeds I will save some for you.

Back