• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Need a little help

I ordered some seeds from a certain seed supplier that rhymes with "Fepper Blow" that were supposed to be 7 Pot Brain Strain.  These look absolutely nothing like a 7 pot brain strain, or anything that I can find pictures of really.

EDIT - will add a bit more info.  I haven't tasted these peppers yet because they're still green.  But the big one has been on the vine for a really, really long time, and I'm beginning to think that maybe they're just a green pepper?  Not sure.  But I'd be willing to take one of them off and cut into it if that helps with the ID.

npHzlk4.jpg

pd4zRi3.jpg

NvbG2MZ.jpg

UdXCBY9.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Just grabbed one and took a bite, absolutely 0 heat.  I think it might be a Pablano  :(

PrimeTime said:
I have a handful of yellow brain seeds if you'd like to send a sasbe I will gladly donate a few. I think I have red as well but my list isn't showing that.

PM me if you'd like.

That's a really nice offer, but I managed to get ahold of some already from a friend of mine, will come in handy next growing season.

Thanks everyone for the responses!

boingolover said:
At this point, I'd trust the people here more than the supplier.

At this point, I'd put more faith in the users of this forum ;)
Glad to hear you've got a friend to help ya out. Sucks that you took the time to care for a plant believing its one thing and it's another especially from a supposed reputable source.
One thing you never have to worry when ordering from vendors on THP, have used them with no problems always friendly and professional.
And a special shout out to PrimeTime really nice offer!! :) typical of the type of great people on THP. :)

I would venture it looks like a Mulato Isleno I grew this year.  They ripen to a dark brown though, not red.  No heat, kinda thin walled, great for roasting.  

Live and learn, to bad that you had to waste your time on something that wasn't what you ordered, The best Vendor here I would say Judy's at pepperlover.com, but that just my two cents, wouldn't hurt to look at all the goodies she has.

Back