• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

media Need advice on jiffy pellets

HotPeppas

Banned
So i bought the big tray with the jiffy pellets

this...
tray-1.jpg

However thats way to big as i dont want to use them all. Anyone know a diy for a humidity housing for like 5 or so of them?

For small plants like peppers - you can cut them in half (so you get twice as many) and then place them in empty egg cartons - just have to watch them fairly closely as they do not have a lot off room between the pellet and top off carton once they sprout !

Clear Plastic hinged lidded berry containers work sweet and once sprouted you can simply open or cut off and remove the lid and simply fill it with soil and there is also your first pot up. (They usually have small holes in the bottom for drainage as well)

Use anything that is clear and plastic that will fit over the base container or tray. You want to lock in humidity and moisture creating a greenhouse effect.

anytime we buy a veggie tray or cake from the grocery, i save the containers. the large veggie platter containers are awesome for this

Back