• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need help with growing Yellow 7 Pod

I purchased a yellow 7 pod plant along with a chocolate habanero about a couple of weeks ago. It is about 8 inches tall. I have grown 8 other pepper plants (bhuts, habs, cayenne, tobasco) and they have all shown noticeable progress in the first couple of weeks. The Yellow 7 seems to have stayed stagnant. I give it the same treatment as the rest (full sun, mushroom compost mixed with organic potting soil, once a week hit it with half power liquid fertilizer) and it seems to really be struggling. I have recently read about feeding them bone meal but I am not sure how I would do it. Anyone have any special tips on jump starting a yellow 7 pod plant? Thanks for your help.

Is anything wrong with it other than growing slow? Does it look healthy? Any pics would help also. It's tough to tell what might be going on. Some plants just start off slower than others.

How big is the pot.....at 8" even a 4x4" should be okay...even if it is in just starter mix the fert should be enough food, check for being root bound(probably not at 8")....other wise keep treatin it like the others(I'm assuming all factors are the same type of growing medium etc) and it just mat decide to take off all of a sudden.Soil ph if too acidic will make it hard to absorb nutrients, so if it looks like just peat, swap to a good organic growing medium -there are lots out there.Just don't be too rough on the plant and don't try to clean all the old soil off the roots if you transplant, do it in the evening and keep it out of direct sun between 11-4:00 for a few days. They don't need special treatment really, and heck it may just be a runt.Good luck and try not "overcare" for it.
DJ

Sorry bout that. It looks to just be growing slow. The leaves look a bit more yellow than any of the others that I have.

Here is a pic: http://i.imgur.com/c1iJo.jpg

Need to see a better picture close up to see if there is a problem.:rofl:
May just be transplant shock, get the buried leaves out of the dirt, let it dry out between watering(apparently I didn't absorb the dirt comment before, but good dirt and you don't need to feed so often, especially when 8" tall).

That pic is from a couple of days ago. I took the leaves out of the dirt. I only water them when they look to have dry soil and are slightly wilting. The other plants are taking off. I started 2 red savina habs, one tobasco, and one cayenne back in May the same exact way and they are producing so many peppers I am running out of ways to use the peppers. I bought 3 bhut jolokias (one red, one yellow, and one chocolate) about 3 weeks ago and they have grown quite a bit. The yellow 7 is the only one that appears to be growing slowly if at all.

May just be transplant shock, get the buried leaves out of the dirt, let it dry out between watering(apparently I didn't absorb the dirt comment before, but good dirt and you don't need to feed so often, especially when 8" tall).

That's why i'm asking for a close up shot of the plant,it could be a lot of things & every plant does not grow the same & like gnslngr said you don't need to put too much fertilizer with all the rich soil you got, just give it water...

Hey there DD. just sounds like over watering. Give it some time.. looks real healthy. plant is giving flowers so good sign. looks like it's getting the same sun as the others. patience and time.

Cheers and Happy Gardening!

Back