• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need help with this plant!

Ok this cayenne is on week 7 since popping up and it is tiny, it keeps popping up new leaves but is not growing in length as you can see. Is there something wrong with it? It is under floros about 16 hours a day and I water it once a week. It has gotten fish and kelp ferts at 1/4 strength the past two weeks. Any suggestions or comments?

DSCN1739.jpg

DSCN1740.jpg

Yeah I agree, I've never seen anything like it pepper wise. Could be wrong, but at week 7, the size and color doesnt match any pepper description I have seen. Note the color of the stem itself.

I was thinking the same thing as you guys but i dont know how that is possible..... I hope I havnt been caring for my girlfriends flowers for the past 2 months I will be pissed!

It looks like rosemary to me as well. Here is one of the plants I have going.

Rosemary-1.jpg

Also don't stone me. I know the soil is too wet.

It does look alot alike, but I dont know how I could have got rosemary seeds?? Well whatever it is I will continue to keep it going and keep everyone updated!

Wuldent it smell if it was a rosemary seedling? am no pro but just a tought ;)
Sure dosent look like a pepper try taste one leaf ;D

That definitely is not a cayenne plant. Cayenne doesn't have fuzzy stems or leaves. The leaves are also the wrong shape to be a pepper plant.

orrevs said:
Wuldent it smell if it was a rosemary seedling? am no pro but just a tought ;)
Sure dosent look like a pepper try taste one leaf ;D

Yep. If he rubs his hand over the leaves he should get a pleasant smell.

Back