• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need help with unhealthy but still living plant

Hi all, I amazingly got this plant to survive the winter. Last year it had a lot of issues (aphids, spider mites (maybe) black spots on leaves). The new growth is curled and deformed, there is a white "dust" on the stems and some leaves. I apply neem oil and copper fungaside alternating between the two on a weekly basis but I can't tell if it's helping. I am a total noob so any help is welcome. I've attached sone pics.

Attachments

• 20210307_153612.jpg
    20210307_153612.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 124
  • 20210307_153633.jpg
    20210307_153633.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 102
Takemehomecountryroad said:
Hi all, I amazingly got this plant to survive the winter. Last year it had a lot of issues (aphids, spider mites (maybe) black spots on leaves). The new growth is curled and deformed, there is a white "dust" on the stems and some leaves. I apply neem oil and copper fungaside alternating between the two on a weekly basis but I can't tell if it's helping. I am a total noob so any help is welcome. I've attached sone pics.

I'm sure others will chime in & my input as follows......
Over wintering, unless you can provide an ideal growing environment, is a mater of plant survival. As can be seen in the below progression, end of summer - winter (Pic taken with plant taken outdoors.) - spring revival and summer rebirth.

kSrUrrg.jpg

1I9TwZc.jpg

HoQA6F9.jpg

VpsEpYx.jpg

OzAs7BA.jpg

Your progress looks good.....Keep up the good fight!

Agree with ^

As long as my plants stay alive indoors during the winter, i'm happy. Gradually re-acclimate them to sunlight/UV as temps get warmer or they will burn. New growth starts pretty quickly once they are outside full time and for the most part the scraggly winter growth falls off and the new growth is much healthier. 

Back