• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

need help.....

im making a fradiavlo sauce.. need some good ways to make it. i have made a few times and not very happy with end results...thanks..............:mouthonfire:

Well, give us a few details and let's see if we can help. Is this a shellfish Fra Diavole? Is it to go with a pasta dish? I've never tried to make one, but I've had a very tasty Shrimp Fra Diavole over pasta that a friend of mine makes. She gets the fresh herbs from me, and says using fresh herbs makes it better.

Fra Diavolo...here's mine. I heat a saute' pan, add olive oil, garlic, finely chopped prosciutto, chili flakes or whatever you want to use for heat. Deglaze the pan with white wine and add marinara and throw in the mussels and some fresh cut parseley and or basil. Cover and simmer till the mussels open up and serve in a bowl over your pasta. A squeeze of lemon adds some additional zing as well when serving. You will also need some crusty bread to soak up every drop. I like a good bottle of montepulciano or sangiovese to go with this dish. Tres bon!
Cheers, TB.

Back