• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need ID please

I was on local market & look what I found there.They claim that those peppers are Habanero, can any one tell me what they are please, they have small seeds cavities & when I bite in to it taste like sweet & hot at same time & later heat start build in the mouth.They was selling those for $1.99 per pound.

P1030299.jpg

I wish I could find those at a market at that price that looked as good. I would make a ton of powder. So far, all I have found is those sickly looking orange habaneros.

Which market were you at? I'm in your general area, so am curious. I've found orange habs at Giant Eagle, Heinan's and Whole Foods, and the Miles Farmers' Market has a good (but still somewhat limited) variety of the types you can't find at GE, etc., including Naga's. I haven't been out to the West Side Market in a few years, but would imagine they have some, too. I've also been to the summer market in Mentor, and found good peppers there that you don't normally find in the markets here.

Which market were you at? I'm in your general area, so am curious. I've found orange habs at Giant Eagle, Heinan's and Whole Foods, and the Miles Farmers' Market has a good (but still somewhat limited) variety of the types you can't find at GE, etc., including Naga's. I haven't been out to the West Side Market in a few years, but would imagine they have some, too. I've also been to the summer market in Mentor, and found good peppers there that you don't normally find in the markets here.

Just small fresh food market in Parma no major store.

Heat level varies as well, even on the same plant and flavor can vary somewhat, depending on the growing environment. :)

I grew Congo Trinidad this year and pod variance was minimal, certainly not as varied as the pods in your pic.

No they don't have name just regular country little market they are seasonal temporary there.Sorry.
But surely they are in one place every time? Are they done for the season? Even if I have to wait to check them out next season - where would I go?

(I'm looking for a street address, or even cross streets - corner of Ridge and Albion, for example....)

Red Dominica was my first guess but Antillais Caribbean is second. What is the length of them? Antillais are pretty big from what I've seen longer than 2 inches mostly..yours are bigger??

But surely they are in one place every time? Are they done for the season? Even if I have to wait to check them out next season - where would I go?

(I'm looking for a street address, or even cross streets - corner of Ridge and Albion, for example....)

He wants all those cheap pods for himself! LOL

Back