Need pods for wing sauce

I work for a national wing place, you know the place I have been challenged by the vice presidents to come up with a new hotter recipe. I don't however have any powders or pods left , besides some butch and a couple red Savs if anyone can help me out I will let you pick the name I present the sauce as

I work for a national wing place, you know the place I have been challenged by the vice presidents to come up with a new hotter recipe. I don't however have any powders or pods left , besides some butch and a couple red Savs if anyone can help me out I will let you pick the name I present the sauce as

I really hope you are talking about Buffalo Wild Wings. I love to go there, but Blazin' just isn't cutting it anymore.

You need to talk to Creator (John Dilley of Defcon Sauces)....his sauce is one of the best ever and hot....lawd have mercy...

Do they want a new wing sauce with a different flavor, or keep the same recipe but make it hotter?

Edit- just re-read the title and post. Are you looking for pods/powders or a recipe? Or both?
Sorry- I'm confused-

they actually want me to make a sauce to keep overhead down . I love the defcon sauces but they would never go for that . then we would have to have contracts to make it exclusive. I have been kicking around just assumd dried ghost or scorpion flake as a topping

I need pods or powders of a few super hots to develop the recipe then I will have to find a grower for us

I copied and pasted this from a post I made 3 January 2008...this may interest you....

I don't know how much you know about the chemistry of peppers but here is a good placed to start...it has been my goal for many years to find that perfect burn...you know, the one that punches you in the nose on entry then continues to build right down the throat?...very hot, but not so hot as to kill you...

the active ingredient that makes peppers hot is primarily a group of molecules called capsaicinoids...most people know capsaicin but I just don't know how many know about the others...if you know this, please just ignore it...the quote follows.....

From a somewhat simplistic approach, I decided to research the different capsaicinoids. The four descriptions below is all I found out of the seven (I think) capsaicinoids.

Capsaicin - "sharp and stinging bite" located "in the mid-mouth and mid -palate as well as the throat and the back of tongue" that developed quickly and was long lived.

DiHydroCapsaicin - "sharp and stinging bite" located "in the mid-mouth and mid -palate as well as the throat and the back of tongue" that developed quickly and was long lived

HomoDiHydroCapsaicin - a "very irritating, harsh, and very sharp numbing burn" located in the throat and the back of the tongue and palate that developed and "was prolonged and difficult to rinse out"

NorDiHydroCapsaicin - Mellow, warming effect with immediate build and rapid fade located in the front of the mouth and palate

After I found this information on the capsaicinoids, I decided to try and find out which peppers had what amounts of the different "noids". Below is what I have found so far but the information only addresses capsaicin (C), dihydrocapsaicin (DHC), and nordihydrocapsaicin (NDHC). Units are Scoville Units.

captabletl8.png

As I continue gathering information on the "noids" and which peppers have what amounts of each, I am constantly thinking about creating hybrids with a balanced capsaicinoid make-up. This is the direction my pepper gardening is going.

How to tell which hybrids are going to have the correct content of the "noids" is going to be the tricky part.

It seems this would be a life long doctorate research for creating hot pepper hybrids in order to get the even split between the burns based on capsaicinoid content.

Anyone know how much a scoville test on a pepper costs? Or, does anyone know anyone that is interested in this type research.

And that was from 2008...

and by the way...the reason I did this quote is that it is found only on this forum...I have lost all of the original research files...

by the way...PM me for a contact to buy dehydrated Bhuts and Scorpions from if you don't already have one..

Back