• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need some advice on what to do?

Hello everyone I was looking for some advice on things I can do to help my sad scorpion pepper plants. I've fertilized the soil and paid close attention to my watering. The plants seem to have wilted deformed new growth and the leaves feel dry and paper like. Also the green is very light and into yellow on some leaves. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Other info that might be helpful:

Are you growing indoors or outdoors? If indoors, what kind of lighting are you using? If outdoors, how much sunlight are they getting, and how many hours per day?

Are you growing in containers, or in the ground? What kind of dirt are they growing in?

What kind of fertilizer are you using, and how often are you applying it?

Have you ruled out the possibility of insects, such as thrip?

Ok I'll try to get some pictures up. They are in pots and outside. They are getting about 8 10 hours of hot bright sunlight. I'm using a generic fertilizer from Bonnie once every two weeks but I'm thinking of switching to miracle grow. They are having bug problems I beleave but I can't ever find them

Maximinus I said:
Ok I'll try to get some pictures up. They are in pots and outside. They are getting about 8 10 hours of hot bright sunlight. I'm using a generic fertilizer from Bonnie once every two weeks but I'm thinking of switching to miracle grow. They are having bug problems I beleave but I can't ever find them
Skip your next feeding it wont hurt anything and stick to one or the other(firt) the 8-10 bright /hot sun ?morning sun? id cut it back to 6-8 hrs or and put a shade cloth over them if nothing else?

I'm located in Southeast Texas our days have been about 95 plus. I water them as they need it really I check them daily to see how dry or moist the soil is. They get mid morning to afternoon sun. And they are planted in miracle grow potting soil.

Maximinus I said:
I'm located in Southeast Texas our days have been about 95 plus. I water them as they need it really I check them daily to see how dry or moist the soil is. They get mid morning to afternoon sun. And they are planted in miracle grow potting soil.
To be honest man everyone is gonna be pretty much guessing unless you can get a pic up...but form where your located I bet the heat and that much sun might have so thing to do with it, that's a guess...my peppers get about 9-10 hours of sun a day but I'm not in that kind of heat...

Back