• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Need some ID help...i've either mutated or lost track of documentation

years ago, my family found a strain of Jalapeno that was very flavorful and hot. We decided to have some fun with my mother since she found the first plant and refer to them as VBA (Vickie Bad Ass). We save seeds every year so we can keep having them. Last year, it lost all heat and we were very upset. Over winter, I found a packet labeled "VBA 2009". I planted them and they all took off, everyone was excited. I'm now not so sure these are jalapenos. I keep very good documentation...so I don't think they are a result of a labeling error on my part.

These seeds came from one of dad's seeds...which in his garden I think was growing Anaheim, a large sweet red pepper, Jalapenos, and bannana peppers. Recently he's been growing pepperoncinis.

ibtUVkzblJcdwa.jpg

ibd4dOF7UyKHWi.jpg

Sorry for the large images.
What do you guys think?
I'm half tempted to rip one off and taste it.

Peppers are hottest when they JUST BARELY start to turn colors. I seem to remember reading a journal article saying that the capsaicinoids are converted to sugars as the colors change....

Hehe...I must have had bad documentation. What I thought were my "casper" peppers look an awful lot like jalapenos. So I remembered I had some photos of dad's casper peppers from last year. Don't they look similar?
ib1zwFbWq4q3pT.jpg

Back