• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Need some opinions... (Be gentile)

I'm looking for some opinions of my website.

First the preliminaries... New company, products to start coming out next spring (fingers crossed). Lots of pages but not selling yet.
Looking for views on how interesting, makes you want to come back, MAKES YOU WANT TO BUY SOMETHING!!!!!!!! A few of the pages have little or just filler stuff but all the links work. When we go live, only the items available will be in the menu, will make a page showing future items in the works.

And... the bonus question is this: For the life of me, I can't seem to come up with an idea for a logo! Anybody have an idea to thow at me? I don't want something that looks too funny, and I want it to have some relation to the name.

Yes, I do want to know what you didn't like, I will consider all opinions. I'm trying to sell, so my opinion (if I realllly liked something) comes a distant second to the customer.

http://www.dantesdevine.com

AND... I did the whole site myself. Who needs sleep?

The_Guy said:
I'm looking for some opinions of my website.

First the preliminaries... New company, products to start coming out next spring (fingers crossed). Lots of pages but not selling yet.
Looking for views on how interesting, makes you want to come back, MAKES YOU WANT TO BUY SOMETHING!!!!!!!! A few of the pages have little or just filler stuff but all the links work. When we go live, only the items available will be in the menu, will make a page showing future items in the works.

And... the bonus question is this: For the life of me, I can't seem to come up with an idea for a logo! Anybody have an idea to thow at me? I don't want something that looks too funny, and I want it to have some relation to the name.

Yes, I do want to know what you didn't like, I will consider all opinions. I'm trying to sell, so my opinion (if I realllly liked something) comes a distant second to the customer.

http://www.dantesdevine.com

AND... I did the whole site myself. Who needs sleep?

Shoot Ryan over at angrypepper.com an email (http://www.angrypepper.com/). Did my lable and LOGO. great guy to work with. He's relatively new but goog - worth reaching out and talking to him (and no I dont get a cut :P )

Few suggestions, have the labels for the top bottles be lesss pixelated, center the button titles(left bar), make the "Please bookmark this page" text red to match the color below it because yellow on a white background is always hard to read. The "Paraside, ect" titles on the Dante's Heat Levels section need to be sharper, and probably remove the extranious comments in your source code.

PS, I signed your guestbook. :P

All of the product pictures are fakes. I made them in Photoshop. They are there to show the look and for placement. I will be putting up actual pictures as the products become available. Will make sure they look professional.
The Heat levels pictures are in redesign at this moment. Those were the first pictures I did and they were done only at 72dpi. I will be redoing them at 300dpi. Not sure why the menu items are not showing up centered on your system. They are supposed to be. Also with the yellow text. I'm using IE and I have Firefox on my wife's computer. The page titles on her computer show left justified but I am slowly correcting that.

Oh, 300 dpi is good, you'll be able to get nice crisp pics when you scale it down to 72 dpi for web. The links are coming up just above center. I'm using Safari on a mac runing system 10.34.

Back