• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Need your help with a couple of plants...

14527391296_8744ac264f_b_d.jpg

Top one is supposed to be an orange tree habanero; it's clearly not orange, is it even a tree habanero?

Bottom one is supposed to be a Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend- any ideas on this one?

Top one looks like Jalapeno to me. And no the bottom does not look like a Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend; the reason they are called scorpions is because they have tails to varying degrees which the ones in the pictures lack.

In any case, yay for PODS!

I'll take a guess, seeds from Pepper Joe?

I agree with fil here, the top looks like a jalapeño or serrano.
Bottom pods like a bhut, naga or some 7 pot, but the plant looks like some annuum or an annuum/chinense hybrid, maybe even another capsicum species.

the top plant as everybody else has said does look like a jalapeno,  and the bottom picture looks like it could be devils tounge, by the shape of the pods. imho
great looking plants either way, nice to see an ontario canadian with awesome looking plants as well!!

Thanks for all of the answers guys.

I don't think the top one is a jalapeño, the pods are quite small and thin-walled; I wondered if maybe it was a Fresno?

I picked the two ripe pods and dissected one of them:
14365477760_470c2f18f8_b_d.jpg

As for the bottom one, I guess it's too hard to tell what it is but definitely not TSMB... I'll wait for some ripe pods and post another pic.

Thanks again!

I did try tasting it. The pepper is quite sweet with a heat level similar to a jalapeño. The heat was in the tip of my tongue at first, then it spread to sides of my tongue and to the roof of my mouth and lingered for several minutes. Not a great deal of flavour, but quite nice all the same.

Back