• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

neem question

So something is munching on 3 of my roses and about 15 feet away i have 4 peppers (the rest are 100+ feet away). Im going to preemptive neem the peppers but i was curious if anyone has tried adding some fish ferts to their neem spray for a sort of foliar feed of nutes and bug poison). I cant decide whether to try it. Help?

OP note: the only places i can find that say yes definitely do this are trying to sell me something so i dont believe they have my best interests at heart. The rest of the 'net seems to be 50/50 about it, big surprise there...

Powelly said:
No it's not bad unless you have bears then I would recommend against spraying fish all over them
Haha, nice. Our towns bear patrol seems to be keeping them in check so i currently dont have a bear problem.

dub_sauces said:
i was curious if anyone has tried adding some fish ferts to their neem spray for a sort of foliar feed of nutes and bug poison). I cant decide whether to try it. Help?

foliar feed of fish ferts?  there are things you need to know.

1. plant leaves have a waxy cuticle. 
2. macro nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium can be absorbed but the quantity absorbed is too small. 
3. other nutrients like iron, zinc, copper, maganese, calcium, magnesium must be in chelated form in order to penetrate into the leaf.

happy growing

lek said:

foliar feed of fish ferts?  there are things you need to know.

1. plant leaves have a waxy cuticle. 
2. macro nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium can be absorbed but the quantity absorbed is too small. 
3. other nutrients like iron, zinc, copper, maganese, calcium, magnesium must be in chelated form in order to penetrate into the leaf.

happy growing
Thanks for the answer. I have no interest in foliar feeding, i was curious whether adding fish ferts to a neem spray would make any difference in the way the plant absorbed the neem and its looking like i wont bother with it in the future. Already applied the neem anyway, gonna wait a few days and do it again

Back