• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New babies :)

Friend dropped by with 6 Habanero's, 6 Anaheim chili's, 1 Jalapeno, And one big bertha bell pepper.
100_3678.jpg
100_3682.jpg
Sorry my camera sucks on close ups. Thats one of my new orange Hab's
100_3686.jpg
lol yes i am a red neck :)
Tis the season to spread your compost plant your seeds and enjoy all that will come both in experience and fruits of your labor

They are a flourescent grow bulb i found at home depot. I am running out of room in my front room. Wifes was disliking all the window seals filled with plants so i had to be creative. Its amazing what a man can come up with when it comes to his peppers :). I cant wait until i can put them outside but, this morning it is 25 degrees F out side. So in other words my plants are grounded to my front room for atleast 2 more weeks! Thank you for your intrest in my setup :) !!

That in the upper part of the state. I live in south central Utah in the town known for raising Butch Cassidy (Circleville, Utah). Utah is fun lots of things to do but, man the weather is crazy! 2 nice days in the late 60's then show!!!!! I cant wait to get my plants out side!!!!!

nice to see another utah pepper grower here. i was gonna till up my brothers garden yesterday but with the rain and snow its been impossible. peppers are in the greenhouse, dreaming of being outside. good luck on your season. hope this weather kicks out of here quick

Hey Gardenvato,
What part of Utah you from? The weather sucks right now, snowing pretty good. Last year my garden was in the ground by April 15. I still have one more 15x30 garden to till up! Stinking weather :)

im up in happy valley in spanish fork. i had it all in about the same time last year. im thinkin we may not be able to get stuff out for a couple more weeks. i havent done any tilling yet and all my peppers will be in pots this year, so i still have to get soil for the pots. itll be a headache for sure.

gardenvato said:
im up in happy valley in spanish fork. i had it all in about the same time last year. im thinkin we may not be able to get stuff out for a couple more weeks. i havent done any tilling yet and all my peppers will be in pots this year, so i still have to get soil for the pots. itll be a headache for sure.
I know where Spanish fork is.. I go through there to go to orem, or provo. My guess is 3 weeks until outside plamting. I will be doing both pots and in ground peppers for my first true pepper growing season. I will have about 92 pepper plants so yea not potting them all :). What soil you getting for pots? Any good nurseries your way? What ya growing?

im gonna get a load of topsoil and a load of compost and mix that together, see how it works. ive got about 120 plants, and i dont have enough pots just yet, but i will be trying to get all of them into pots, or at least as many as i can. i got a list on my thread of all the varieties ive got going. i cant even remember them all

More new babies added today: Numex Big jim x6, Tabasco, Serrano x6 more for total of 19, Italian roaster x6, Purple Beauty (purple bell peppers) x6, 24 tomatoes, and 6 broccoli, for total of 184 plants in my front room. Wife says i can start sleeping with them on the couch if they dont go outside soon!!!!

Back